Nero and CDR copy problem

vbimport

My new LiteOn LTR-40125W with Nero 5.5.7.8v bundled will not copy audio or pre-recorded CD's onto CDR's under win 98SE. I can record onto CDRW no problems. I can make data CDR's from my HDD no problem. I can copy CDR data to CDR no problem but it will not copy audio etc onto CDR although it goes through the entire burn process successfully. When it ejects the CDR it is completely blank? I have also tried writing to the HDD first but to no avail.:confused:

The fact that you can write audio on cdrws successfully suggests that this might be a media issue. Do you use the same media for audio - data writing? Did you try writing on other quality media?
Are you writing in DAO or TAO? Are you sure that the discs are completely empty after recording? (you had a question mark there :confused: ) You can try isobuster to check them out

While we’re talking about audio, what’s the recommended burning speed for audio cds? I read somewhere on here that you shouldn’t burn them to fast.

Originally posted by kyle
While we’re talking about audio, what’s the recommended burning speed for audio cds? I read somewhere on here that you shouldn’t burn them to fast.
Totally depends on your media and writer. Some people and manufacturers will say that with audio you shouln’t go faster than 4x. Personally I cannot tell the difference between an audio CD recorded at 4x/24x/Plextor’s VariRec/Yamaha’s Audio Master Quality Control/etc. If you have quality discs you can burn audio at full speed. That’s my experience but some people may disagree.

Oh and Topper, you sure you haven’t turned on Simulation?