Nero adds extra virtual drive?

I have an Samsung DVD/CDRW Combo drive with Nero and WinXP.

I have upgraded to the latest version of Nero and now Nero adds to my system a extra Virtual SCSI drive that is also available in Explorer so it has a Drive letter.

When I try to Uninstall the drive Winxp pops up with a bleu screen while booting. After that it just reinstalls the drive again.

Now the funny thing is I can’t do anythin with the drive, sow it is there but it has no purpose what so ever and i can’t uninstall it.

Do you know a solution for me or are there others that have the same problem.

Please help.

Greetzzzz.

I thought that part of the Daemon-Tools are integrated into Nero, with which you can mount a CD-image.

Originally posted by spooky20
[B]I have an Samsung DVD/CDRW Combo drive with Nero and WinXP.

I have upgraded to the latest version of Nero and now Nero adds to my system a extra Virtual SCSI drive that is also available in Explorer so it has a Drive letter.

When I try to Uninstall the drive Winxp pops up with a bleu screen while booting. After that it just reinstalls the drive again.

Now the funny thing is I can’t do anythin with the drive, sow it is there but it has no purpose what so ever and i can’t uninstall it.

Do you know a solution for me or are there others that have the same problem.

Please help.
Greetzzzz. [/B]

Hey now.Hi there. With this prob, Im using win98se though,Id go to
“device mgr” and click “remove” and then re-start.Ive Never hearda it.
Ive the latest Nero and it worx fine. But then again w/winXP ya can’t “troubleshoot” the system from “real-mode” dos. Oh well.Hope things work out fur ya. bass696.

Spooky20 - the Nero Image Drive is a great piece of kit, it works just like D-Tools in that you can mount an image, install, play it, burn it…whatever!

To uninstall the imagedrive, you must do it through Control Panel/Add/Remove Programs (you numpty :wink: ) as it has it’s own install/uninstall program.

Taking it out of Device Manager…no wonder you get a BSOD