Nero + 99min CDRs

vbimport

I was happily burning with Nero using 80min CDRs (intenso) but I came across couple of big AVIs so I decided using 99min CDRs (infiniti) All was fine, over-burnt the CDs no problem. Gone back to 80min Cds for normal burning of 690mb files and started getting coasters, tried simulation and every time I got seeking end of track error at 97% . Friend of mine has exact same model of burner (Plextor 241040A) so I borrowed it, straigh swap and exactly same error. tried uninstalling and reinstalling Nero, that didn’t help. Any other suggestions? Please don’t say try other software as I like Nero too much to give up on it. TIA.

If you don’t try other software, you can’t know if the problem is only Nero.

Originally posted by STeve31

…I decided using 99min CDRs (infiniti) All was fine, over-burnt the CDs no problem.

…exact same model of burner (Plextor 241040A)
How on earth could you manage to do so if the drive overburning capacity is only 94:59 ?

www.feurio.de/English/Writerdb/Data/plextor_plexwriter2410a.html

Sorry, the files were 749mb and 734mb. I’ve set the maximum to 94:57 as it said in http://www.medeainternational.com/info/90min.htm

Looks like it was media, I tried 80min TDKs and no problem. Funny it suddenly doesn’t like Intensos which I’ve been using all the time.

Why dont you try to make an iso image file of your oversized CD you want to burn, instead of using Nero directly … You can use WinISO for this purpose & then use the Nero’s “burn from image file option” to burn your oversized CDs … It works flawlessly … Weird but true & I dont know why… Enjoy !.. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by STeve31
Looks like it was media, I tried 80min TDKs and no problem. Funny it suddenly doesn’t like Intensos which I’ve been using all the time.