Nero 99% hang

i was wondering if anyone else has this happen to them, or is it similar to some errors that others get on their burners.

i’m trying to burn a DVD+RW and NERO 6.3.0.0 would hang very often at 99% (after minimizing to the taskbar). AFter i upgraded it to 6.3.0.2, it doesn’t happen as often, but NERO would still occasionally hang with 99%.

i’m using.

Sony DRU-510A
WinXP Pro
Nero 6.3.0.2

its damn annoying to wait for 30min to burn that disc and then find it frozen…

:Z :confused: :a

I have the same problem, and it occurs on Nero only… DVD Decryptor, Recordnow Max and Alcohol 120% are perfect…

NEC ND-2500a
XP Pro
Nero 6303

seems to be a problem with some others too. i read the same thing over at the afterdawn forums.

i’m already upgraded to 6.3.0.3 and this still happens. I’ve emailed nero. let’s see what happens.

i’ve used discjuggler and alcohol, and burns fine.

I downgraded to 5.5.10.42(had to make some changes in mfc.dll as per instructions in one of the older threads) and it works perfectly. Glad that’s over and done with.

do you mind showing me and telling me why you needed to make changes to that dll file? i’ll probably go back to v5.

Hi. I needed to do it because the 2500a was not supported by Nero yet at that time. I think your drive is already supported.

ahh… i see… thanks!

nero is full of crap.

after emailing their tech support. all they did was to tell me how to get task manager to quit the frozen program, and to uninstall nero, and use the cleantool.

what a load of BS. I don’t think i want to use nero anymore. until they get their act together.

:frowning:

Did you get 5.5.10.42 working? Apparently 5.5.10.56 is out as well, but I haven’t tried it…

yeah.i tried out v5.5 latest update. it works discs after discs. no hanging or crashing.

thanks. v6 still sucks after all those updates. i wonder why they have all those so-called awards. make my v6 work dammit! wasted my money.

Originally posted by grooed
[B]yeah.i tried out v5.5 latest update. it works discs after discs. no hanging or crashing.

thanks. v6 still sucks after all those updates. i wonder why they have all those so-called awards. make my v6 work dammit! wasted my money. [/B]

Did you try Nero Infotool to see if your aspi drivers are installed correctly?
I tried infotool and apparently my installation was bad. After installing ForceASPI 1.7 and reinstalling Nero 6303, I managed to burn 3 data dvds perfectly.

how would i know if its installed correctly.?

Run Nero infotools. Then click on the ASPI in the window that pops up.

ARGH! I tried burning a UDF compilation and it hung! Damn it… Back to Nero 5…

Same here! Just Nero hangs at 99% Bah!

anyone tried out the new nero version 6.3.1.6 and does the same problem come up? i’m tempted to try it myself…

Disable screen saver and any antivirus programs.

I have the same problem. The odd thing is it’s an issue on my main machine (a 3.2 ghz 800mhz fsb p4) but Nero (current version) works just fine on my older computer (a 3 ghz 533 bus p4). I think the only software package I don’t have on the old machine that I do have on my main box is Alcohol 120%. Surely it wouldn’t hose Nero… would it?

As for disabling AV software, I humbly submit that is NOT a solution, even if it works :slight_smile:

“As for disabling AV software, I humbly submit that is NOT a solution, even if it works :-)”

If it works it works. This is software my friend and Nero is also software. If some software, by design, clash with another one, then disabling one IS A SOLUTION. You don’t really need AV when burning a CD or DVD. If me and my wife argue about something then if I keep quite and all is settled, then it IS A SOLUTION.

Stelios

I thought it was elementary to have disabled antivirus software before you burn. I cant imagine all you guys trying to burn dvds with antivirus shields on.Even reading cds or dvds slows down alot when avshields are on.
Power saving mode and probably(not sure for them) screensavers are disabled automatically by Nero.

Not to get off-topic… but I guess I’ll get off-topic.

If you and your wife have an argument and by shutting up it passes… no, that’s not a solution! A solution would be a mutually agreeable accomodation (or an honest admission of guilt followed by make-up sex), not one party getting resigned or angry enough to give in and leaving the issue unresolved.

I’ll try (and fail) to extend that to disabling av software before burning a disc. In the many, many years of disc burning (I was a very early adopter with an ancient 1x drive) I have NEVER had to disable anything just to burn a disc. I don’t use screensavers (I don’t see any point to running them) since I just have my monitor turn off after 30 minutes or so. Besides, remembering to turn off my av (it’s Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 8.1.1.323 in case anyone cares) every time before I do something would get intolerably aggravating in about 5 minutes. It would be like caving in and leaving the issue unresolved. whew, i made the parallel :stuck_out_tongue:

My solution for now is to just use Roxio’s Media Creator 7. I never thought I’d use a Roxio product, but it has the advantage of working which gives it a BIG one-up on the current release of Nero.