Well I see that Nero 9 retail version comes loaded with “SecuRom”
Which mean I will not be buy it…I will stick with Nero 8
BTW…all the files in the Burning Rom folder has changed that is the reason DVDFab can’t find it,also the SecuRom installation is a bigger factor of the problem you may want to remove Nero 9 and install ver 8 of nero, you will have to use the nero 9 removal utility from the nero website…NOTE the SecuRom will not get removed though this you will have to do…see below
If you want to completely remove SecuROM after uninstalling this game, including the ‘SecuROM User Access’ Service it installs in Windows, follow these steps:
- Uninstall the game as normal.
- Manually delete the game directory (typically \Program Files\Atari\Crashday-demo\
- Go to Start>Run and type “Services.msc” (without quotes) and press Enter.
- Go to the ‘Securom User Access’ Service, double click on it, click Stop and then set it to Disabled.
- Go to \Windows\System32\ directory and delete the UAService7.exe file.
- Go to Start>Run and type “sc delete useraccess7” (without quotes) and press Enter.
Note: This Service may be recreated by one of your other SecuROM games, in which case you will have to keep it running to play them.
The following steps are very risky and only for people who are certain none of their currently installed games use or need SecuROM:
- Go to \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ and delete the SecuROM sub-directory.
- Go to Start>Run and type “Regedit” (without quotes) and press Enter. Then find the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SecuROM] key and delete it if possible.
There is no guaranteed removal method - each new SecuROM game may have additional secuROM files/folders which may require specific manual instructions for removal.
When you install nero 8 you may be able to use you reg key from nero 9, give it a try
or you can download nero 9 which will not have securom