Nero 9 won't burn in DVDfab 5.1.0.0

vbimport

Hi just installed Nero 9 and DVDfab 5.1.0.0 burn engine will not work all I get is “Failed to initialize burn engine. If you just installed the product, please restart your PC, to see the result or else please reinstall the product.

The VSO burn engine works fine, any ideas? :confused:

[quote=gizmowithhatt;2144618]Hi just installed Nero 9 and DVDfab 5.1.0.0 burn engine will not work all I get is “Failed to initialize burn engine. If you just installed the product, please restart your PC, to see the result or else please reinstall the product.

The VSO burn engine works fine, any ideas? :confused:[/quote]
If you just installed nero and you already had DVDFab istalled then you may have to re-install DVDFab so it can detect the nero burning rom in the nero 9 program folder when it is installed.

Yup just like StormJumper said you need to reinstall dvdfab. I tried the free trial of Nero9 and when I tried dvdfab I had same error. I uninstalled and reinstalled dvdfab and it worked.

:wink: Evening my friend

Evening SJ

Hi I tried uninstalling; I got a popup box saying “Failed to locate Nero Command Programme (NeroCmd.exe) Please find file manually.

I found the programme, and this command line goes in the DVDFAB

C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Nero 9\Nero Burning ROM\NeroCmd.exe

But still the same thing anyone?:confused::confused:

Oh I am using Vista Ultimate 64

[quote=gizmowithhatt;2144848]Hi I tried uninstalling; I got a popup box saying “Failed to locate Nero Command Programme (NeroCmd.exe) Please find file manually.

I found the programme, and this command line goes in the DVDFAB

C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Nero 9\Nero Burning ROM\NeroCmd.exe

But still the same thing anyone?:confused::confused:

Oh I am using Vista Ultimate 64[/quote]
You tried uninstalling what? In common settings write for dvdfab choose Nero Burning ROM and under that you need to type what you found. But did you do a clean uninstall of dvdfab? You can find it in StormJumpers signature and you need to follow his directions exactly as he tells it. Post back if you still have problems.

Hi I uninstalled DVDFAb, and when I tried to enable Nero then I got the dialogue box saying “Failed to locate Nero Command Programme (NeroCmd.exe) Please find file manually”

Witch I did I browsed the nero folders on the computer to find the NeroCmd.exe and when I restart DVDfab I get the same message “Failed to initialize burn engine. If you just installed the product, please restart your PC, to see the result or else please reinstall the product”

But as I said it DVDFAB worked just right with The VSO burn engine!:confused::confused:

[quote=gizmowithhatt;2144860]Hi I uninstalled DVDFAb, and when I tried to enable Nero then I got the dialogue box saying “Failed to locate Nero Command Programme (NeroCmd.exe) Please find file manually”

Witch I did I browsed the nero folders on the computer to find the NeroCmd.exe and when I restart DVDfab I get the same message “Failed to initialize burn engine. If you just installed the product, please restart your PC, to see the result or else please reinstall the product”

But as I said it DVDFAB worked just right with The VSO burn engine!:confused::confused:[/quote]
Did you manually type the nero9 burning rom location into the spot I said for you to? Also you said you uninstalled dvdfab[B] BUT[/B] did you do the clean uninstall located in StormJumpers signature. If not then I would recomend you do that.

Hi
I didn’t type manually the nero9 burning rom location, also sorry for my ignorance where is the StormJumpers signature located! As I have never heard of that!:confused:

You can’t type manually in to DVDfab:rolleyes:

[quote=gizmowithhatt;2144910]Hi
I didn’t type manually the nero9 burning rom location, also sorry for my ignorance where is the StormJumpers signature located! As I have never heard of that!:confused:[/quote]
Sorry you are having trouble, the guide is below in my signature.:bigsmile:
there may be other steps are needed to the settings in Vista when it comes to Nero 9, I have Nero 8 and not sure if there has been a change with the configuration for Vista

Sorry I thought you could type it manually. Just use the guide on clean uninstall and post back if it helped.

I have exact same problem under XP. So I did clean uninstall of DVDfab, then reinstall. VSO engine fine, but if you change to Nero Burning Rom
It advises"Failed to locate Nero Command Program (NeroCmd.exe) and user must select location manually by browsing to nerocmd.exe.
in my case this is found at
D:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 9\Nero Burning ROM\NeroCmd.exe
click OK, close DVDfab, and restart dbvfab this is when you get
"Failed to initialize the burning engine", if you revert to vso the msg does not reappear.

I suggest this is a problem with DVDFab and Nero9.

[quote=cgoldman;2145142]I have exact same problem under XP. So I did clean uninstall of DVDfab, then reinstall. VSO engine fine, but if you change to Nero Burning Rom
It advises"Failed to locate Nero Command Program (NeroCmd.exe) and user must select location manually by browsing to nerocmd.exe.
in my case this is found at
D:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 9\Nero Burning ROM\NeroCmd.exe
click OK, close DVDfab, and restart dbvfab this is when you get
"Failed to initialize the burning engine", if you revert to vso the msg does not reappear.

I suggest this is a problem with DVDFab and Nero9.[/quote]
This doesn’t happen with nero 8 or older version of nero so there must have been a change within the nero burning rom configuration itself in ver 9 :eek:

[B]gizmowithhatt[/B]
Try this…go to C drive–>Programs Files–>Nero–>Nero 9–>Nero Burning Rom, there you will see 2 entries listed as nero…one is a document(40.2kb in size the other one is the .exe (38.8MB in size)

When you Start DVDFab and it asks for the location of nero burning rom make sure you point to the nero entrée that is 38.8MB in size.

If this does not work then there is another setting within the system we can check

Hi Every one tried the FULL uninstall still the same so here are photos of what happens:

Well I see that Nero 9 retail version comes loaded with “SecuRom” :eek:
Which mean I will not be buy it…I will stick with Nero 8 :iagree:
BTW…all the files in the Burning Rom folder has changed that is the reason DVDFab can’t find it,also the SecuRom installation is a bigger factor of the problem you may want to remove Nero 9 and install ver 8 of nero, you will have to use the nero 9 removal utility from the nero website…NOTE the SecuRom will not get removed though this you will have to do…see below

If you want to completely remove SecuROM after uninstalling this game, including the ‘SecuROM User Access’ Service it installs in Windows, follow these steps:

1. Uninstall the game as normal.
  2. Manually delete the game directory (typically \Program Files\Atari\Crashday-demo\
  3. Go to Start>Run and type “Services.msc” (without quotes) and press Enter.
  4. Go to the ‘Securom User Access’ Service, double click on it, click Stop and then set it to Disabled.
  5. Go to \Windows\System32\ directory and delete the UAService7.exe file.
  6. Go to Start>Run and type “sc delete useraccess7” (without quotes) and press Enter.
    Note: This Service may be recreated by one of your other SecuROM games, in which case you will have to keep it running to play them.
    The following steps are very risky and only for people who are certain none of their currently installed games use or need SecuROM:
  7. Go to \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ and delete the SecuROM sub-directory.
  8. Go to Start>Run and type “Regedit” (without quotes) and press Enter. Then find the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SecuROM] key and delete it if possible.
    There is no guaranteed removal method - each new SecuROM game may have additional secuROM files/folders which may require specific manual instructions for removal.

When you install nero 8 you may be able to use you reg key from nero 9, give it a try
or you can download nero 9 which will not have securom

StormJumper,
Am I understanding you correctly when you say that the downloaded version of Nero 9 does not contain Securom, but the boxed retail version does? Any idea about the downloaded trail version?
Thanks

Hi to all

And thanks for ALL your help, but uninstalled Nero 9 and put back Nero 8 and DVDFab is now working great, not sure if it’s Nero or Dvdfab!!!

:):):):slight_smile: