Nero 9 steals file association?

vbimport

I just noticed something I didn’t before since I just purchased nero 9 reloaded. It takes over the file associations from other programs but doesn’t give you the option to set the file associations. Has anyone figure a way around this or where the file association settings is at? I am lucky I did a image before installing Nero 9 so I can restore the image back before Nero 9. And now I have a printout of the files nero changed and have to go back and do a line by line after nero 9 install again to make sure the right files corresponds to the file association.

Hi,

if Nerö's installer behaves like the older versions, then you should be theoretically able to select the file associations if you chose the “Custom Install” option. Hopefully they still offer this option. :eek:

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2511662]Hi,

if Nerö's installer behaves like the older versions, then you should be theoretically able to select the file associations if you chose the “Custom Install” option. Hopefully they still offer this option. :eek:

Michael[/QUOTE]

Actually there is nothing of the sort giving one option to set file association. I only noticed this after installation and searching the program itself found not such settings. So as I mentioned what I did before was install Nero 9 reloaded and made a print out of the associations it stole and then reimage my working previous image without nero 9 and now when I reinstall Nero 9 I can find and forced back the file associations back to what they were set at default to. This is the only way I can see that will put back the right track.

This doesn’t mean I won’t use it but since I now bought it I will now make sure those Nero 9 settings is switch back to the right program settings. Just S(*^&ks :a that they would underhandedly do something like that without informing the user in the install or give them the custom settings that would include what they choose to be set in file associations.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2511744]Actually there is nothing of the sort giving one option to set file association.[/QUOTE]Not even during setup? That’s evil :eek:

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2511801]Not even during setup? That’s evil :eek:

Michael[/QUOTE]

Not that I noticed but I will reimage back the image and try again and see if I get the custom file association setting and if not well since I made a print out of file associations default and after Nero 9 install I can at least find the right files and restore their default settings. All this just to use Nero 9 and also I had to download other updates to use it as well…

Well reporting back I now finally installed Nero 9 Reloaded with the lastest updates and was able to get back most of my file associations but not all. Some of which had no associations I left some I had to go and use the Default programs settings to force the associations back to the correct program and for my codec to work correcly I had to reinstall the codec program which took back the associations. This was after alot of reimage and install and reimage and reinstall so I was able to find the right settings and what changes to make to fix the file associations. But to find the right file associations only help cause of the screen shots I took of the prior files associations before installing Nero 9 otherwise I would have no idea what was with what file associations. I say it wasn’t easy but if you want the right programs to go to the right files associations I guess you have to do some work to keep it the way you had it before Nero 9 was installed.