Nero 9 is out october 10th 2008

vbimport

reading page back in may 2008 and it said nero 9 was a fake, and its warez and spyware, but it is being realesed october 10th 2008 officially

Do you have a link to the source?

Hi jeff53404
http://digg.com/software/Nero_9_Beta_Test_Version_Leaked
It might be true, there is a German Forum that is talking about it, but no release date is mentioned.

Why release so soon when Nero 8 is still out and still being fixed?? Sounds like they want our money rather then make a good product nowdays???

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2132588]Why release so soon when Nero 8 is still out and still being fixed?? Sounds like they want our money rather then make a good product nowdays???[/QUOTE]

I’d have to agree, which is why I don’t even USE nero! :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=RCM;2132596]I’d have to agree, which is why I don’t even USE nero! :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

I wouldn’t say not to use Nero but I have Nero 6.6.1.15a and this works fine for my needs. Putting out so soon without fixing bugs or problems with Nero 8 makes it look bad.

Yeah, really. Who wants Nero 9 when they’ve screwed up the first 8 so good…

I guess the date suggested here was < 2 weeks off…
It was apparently released yesterday (29 Sept).

Its out alright and its pretty good.:iagree:

[B]Nero 9 - Trial Version[/B]

Nero has changed the way they do business. In order to try their product, you must request a Trial Serial Number or the download will not activate.

It’s their game so they get to make the rules. None of this bothers me but it is a change in how they made their trial versions available.

[QUOTE=jeff53404;2134402]Nero has changed the way they do business. In order to try their product, you must request a Trial Serial Number or the download will not activate.

It’s their game so they get to make the rules. None of this bothers me but it is a change in how they made their trial versions available.[/QUOTE]

This just helps the pirate more and more…don’t they learn anything nowdays? It be good for them but honest users are punished in the end as always…

[QUOTE=alan1476;2134383]Its out alright and its pretty good.:iagree:[/QUOTE]

Good to hear - I shall be installing it myself over the next few days :wink:

[quote=coolcolors;2132588]Why release so soon when Nero 8 is still out and still being fixed?? Sounds like they want our money rather then make a good product nowdays???[/quote]Someone ever seen a comparison of what is ‘new’ when they add a release number compared to previous version number?

[QUOTE=Arachne;2135055]Good to hear - I shall be installing it myself over the next few days ;)[/QUOTE]

Then you will have to give us your feedback :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile: because i dont see a reason to install it :p.

[QUOTE=vroom;2135059]Then you will have to give us your feedback :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile: because i dont see a reason to install it :p.[/QUOTE]

LOL, well I like Nero 8 (think I’m the only one?), so I’ll be sad to uninstall it, but I’ll be installing Nero 9 on this PC, so it has to be.

I’ll let you know what I think once I do the dirty deed :bigsmile:

I dont have nero installed :slight_smile: i am doing everything with IMGBurn (that includes burning audio cd’s).

You are not the only [U]one[/U] but one of the [U]few[/U] ;).

[quote=Arachne;2135063]LOL, well I like Nero 8 (think I’m the only one?), so[B] I’ll be sad to uninstall it[/B], but I’ll be installing Nero 9 on this PC, so it has to be.

I’ll let you know what I think once I do the dirty deed :bigsmile:[/quote] You dont have to uninstall V8, V9 installs into a new folder so you can have both, I am using the trial and if I dont like it I can uninstall it and still have V8.:iagree:

Arachne may need Nero Suite for reviews, but I think the rest of us can certainly live without it.

Nero has introduced a couple of new products, the Nero LiquidTV/Tivo and Move it, that are interesting, but I won’t be buying into them either.

The Nero 9 beta is working very well so far.

Only 2 things so far, load time is a second or 2 slower and my FLAC plugin doesn’t work (that is a real problem).

So I need a FLAC to CD program I guess.

Didn’t know you could leave 8 installed so I just uinstalled it, no big deal.

So if most people don’t use Nero how the heck do you burn a VIDEO_TS folder?