Nero 9 does not re-install

Please folks, I need help. I recently had to clean install my pc. My OS is Windows XP with SP 3. I am finding it extremely difficult to re-istall Nero 9, which I had before on the pc. I get an error message and the online solution is that Nero Web Engine has stopped working properly. I go to the Nero Site to get a new web engine but it is invisible. Why is this happening? I usually had no trouble before with the re-istalment of this prog. And by the way, are there any other progs on the internet or market which can burn cd’s? Thanks a lot to all of you

LINO

[QUOTE=linogatt;2713917]Please folks, I need help. I recently had to clean install my pc. My OS is Windows XP with SP 3. I am finding it extremely difficult to re-istall Nero 9, which I had before on the pc. I get an error message and the online solution is that Nero Web Engine has stopped working properly. I go to the Nero Site to get a new web engine but it is invisible. Why is this happening? I usually had no trouble before with the re-istalment of this prog. And by the way, are [B]there any other progs on the internet or market which can burn cd’s? Thanks a lot to all of you
[/B]
LINO[/QUOTE]

If you are using Nero and all you want to do is burn CDs, you are installing the wrong program, there is a free program that burns Cds and DVDs and all other file formats, its called Imgburn and its free. Forget Nero and and try Imgburn you have nothing to lose but some aggravation.:smiley: Happy Holidays to you.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2713920]If you are using Nero and all you want to do is burn CDs, you are installing the wrong program, there is a free program that burns Cds and DVDs and all other file formats, its called Imburn and its free. Forget Nero and and try Imburn you have nothing to lose but some aggravation.:smiley: Happy Holidays to you.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention it steals any and all your file associations…so get rid of it…and if they had created the program in the line of Nero 6 I would’ve loved it but no they decided to go bloat…and now it sucks…(&(&(*&

I would second Alan’s recommendation.

ImgBurn is a superb burning tool and it’s amazing that software of this quality is available for free.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Thanks Alan. I already have Imgburn installed so will start using it. Nero was too slow anyway, damnably slow

And thanks to Wombler too. I was getting fed up with Nero, anyway

[QUOTE=linogatt;2714027]And thanks to Wombler too. I was getting fed up with Nero, anyway[/QUOTE]

You’re more than welcome and we have our own ImgBurn support forum here if you ever have any difficulties.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=linogatt;2714026]Thanks Alan. I already have Imgburn installed so will start using it. Nero was too slow anyway, damnably slow[/QUOTE]
Like Wombler said, if you haven’t started using it, you better start now, you won’t look back. I use it for everything, even programs that have their own burning engine, I compress it to a file and then burn the file with Imgburn.:wink: