Nero 9 burning problems

vbimport

:frowning: I tried to burn a 2 hour and 52 minute movie to a 4 hour dvd using Nero 9. Can someone tell me why the burn process failed? I tried 5 times, and got the same results. Can someone please help?

I don’t use Nero unless I have to.
The simple answer is you were probably not compressing the 2 hour and 52 minute movie to a DVD5 or single layer size.
Legnth is not the way to determine if a video will fit on a disc (except for standalone units).
You use size instead . To fit on a SL DVD it has to be 4.36GB or less.

[QUOTE=cholla;2672613]I don’t use Nero unless I have to.
The simple answer is you were probably not compressing the 2 hour and 52 minute movie to a DVD5 or single layer size.
Legnth is not the way to determine if a video will fit on a disc (except for standalone units).
You use size instead . To fit on a SL DVD it has to be 4.36GB or less.[/QUOTE]
I tried to put it on a sl disk and it said it wasn’t enough room on it.

[QUOTE=clmnj33;2672600]:frowning: I tried to burn a 2 hour and 52 minute movie to a 4 hour dvd using Nero 9. Can someone tell me why the burn process failed? I tried 5 times, and got the same results. Can someone please help?[/QUOTE]

What format are you using??? Meaning the movie you tried to burn what format is it?

[QUOTE=clmnj33;2672754]I tried to put it on a sl disk and it said it wasn’t enough room on it.[/QUOTE]

What’s the total size of the files?

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2672825]What’s the total size of the files?

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]
the size is 698mb

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2672808]What format are you using??? Meaning the movie you tried to burn what format is it?[/QUOTE]
the format is avi

When you try to use Nero, does it give you a projected size for the project? It likely won’t remain the same size as it is now, as the audio and video will be changed to DVD-compatible formats.

You may be able to have Nero dynamically change the quality so that all the content fits onto one single layer disc, or you may be able to manually lower the quality and have a visual representation of how much disc space is required.

You can use xmediarecode to convert avi > dvd.
Then use DVDshrink if necessary.
Then burn the iso with imgburn.