Nero 9.2.6.0 released

Nero 9.2.6.0 released.

Downloaded & updated my Vista 64 nb, burned one and all went well.

Just upgrading from 8 to 9.2.6.0. Actually I uninstalled 8 first and now installing 9.

So far it has been installing for close to 1 hour :Z Slowest SW package I have ever installed.

I have been a user since v5 and I have been very disappointed with version 8 and so far not too impressed with 9. Hopefully it runs faster than it installs.

[QUOTE=VideoRoy;2186215]Just upgrading from 8 to 9.2.6.0. Actually I uninstalled 8 first and now installing 9.

So far it has been installing for close to 1 hour :Z Slowest SW package I have ever installed.

I have been a user since v5 and I have been very disappointed with version 8 and so far not too impressed with 9. Hopefully it runs faster than it installs.[/QUOTE]

Here, after a clean Vista64 install, Nero installed itself in 15 minutes. Also, most (if not all) Nero 9 apps run faster than their v8 partners, second to my own experience. My main complaint about it is Nero Vision chronic instability, which goes back to Nero 5 suite anyway. I think it deserves a complete recoding to definitely solve all those problems.

Hey Jalok, thanks for the info, I just installed the Vista 64bit Ultimate and was wondering how Nero 9 would do with it, I see you are progressing nicely, thanks. Happy New Year.

I mostly use burning rom but had a couple of occasions to use Nero Vision and Recode. Vision has been very disappointing but I like Recode when it is working. Instability has been a problem. I also really want to start using the Audio tools but they have been pretty buggy in the past.

Since this is my main unit (very old) I could not do a clean OS install. It is XP and Nero 9 took 90 minutes to install. Not sure what is up with that.

I am going to attempt Nero 8 on my laptop but I expect it to fail since it was originaly installed on the now Nero 9 unit. I may have to stick with Nero 7 for it.

v9 may be my last upgrade with Nero. There are too many good, free apps out there for burning and recoding. It is ashame since I can see the potential here and have been hopeful for a long time.

Thanks for the info on Vista.

I’m just courious… why nero give us trials without giving cdkey’s. I have downloaded recently two trials, no one works because there was no cdkey…

[QUOTE=alan1476;2186595]Hey Jalok, thanks for the info, I just installed the Vista 64bit Ultimate and was wondering how Nero 9 would do with it, I see you are progressing nicely, thanks. Happy New Year.[/QUOTE]

Regarding to the Nero Vision instability, I managed to reduce it a lot configuring it to run in “Windows XP SP2 compability mode”. Also, I have abandoned every file generated by previous releases of Nero 9. Since then I have experienced no crashes after many hours of continuos usage.

From what I’ve read about Nero 8 it was really not that great (a lot of end users dissed it really bad) and from what I’m reading here V9 isn’t that much better. I’m going to continue to use V7 which does most of what I need but I’d really like a better DVD video burning / authoring package than Nero Vision 4.9.x, what do the people here recommend?

Thanks,

• Norm

The program is relatively cheap for an upgrade, I always upgrade to the latest version so I can see if there are any changes. I think V9 is a slight improvement in Bluray and other aspects. Its also over 1.5 gbs, I haven’t really accessed it yet.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2190485]The program is relatively cheap for an upgrade[/QUOTE]

Do you really think so???
I wanted to upgrade too,but was fed up about the price for european vs us customers.
Anyway,I was really impressed with the much mature look of the StartSmart application,but I still don’t understand why there’s still no soft-coded subtitle option in NeroVision after all these v6 to v9 suites of the last 3 years…:confused:

[quote=roadworker;2191065]Do you really think so???
I wanted to upgrade too,but was fed up about the price for european vs us customers.
Anyway,I was really impressed with the much mature look of the StartSmart application,but I still don’t understand why there’s still no soft-coded subtitle option in NeroVision after all these v6 to v9 suites of the last 3 years…:confused:[/quote]
I only paid 39.99 at Bestbuy with a 10.00USD coupon for it. They constantly sent me e-mails to upgrade for 49.99USD and that came with free Backitup and Bluray addon. I really think its cheap for an application that can do alot of things nicely. :wink:

I was not happy with Version 9 and the recent updates did not seem to help much.

I went back to Nero 8 Lite and it is performing nicely.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2191070]I only paid 39.99 at Bestbuy with a 10.00USD coupon for it. They constantly sent me e-mails to upgrade for 49.99USD and that came with free Backitup and Bluray addon. I really think its cheap for an application that can do alot of things nicely. ;)[/QUOTE]

That’s exactly what I mean…no offense,but YOU can get it cheap,I live in a country next to Germany,the homebase of Ahead, and I have to pay 78 USD for the same upgrade…doesn’t sound fair to me…
I’m a Nero user from v 4.xxx and bought every major release up to v 7.xxx…v8.xxx I skipped,because of it’s bad reports…now I wanted to upgrade to the 9.xxx series,because they seem to get their things right again.but I think I’ll pass on this 1 too,because the way they treat us,europeans…

another bloatware edition :rolleyes:… the best thing that happened to me was Nero 7 Lite edition, never looked front or back :wink:

I upgraded from Nero 7 to Nero 9 and ever since CloneCD has stopped working. I tried reinstalling CloneCD but it didn’t help. Has anyone else experienced similar problems with Nero 9?

Hi,[quote=roadworker;2191480]That’s exactly what I mean…no offense,but YOU can get it cheap,I live in a country next to Germany,the homebase of Ahead, and I have to pay 78 USD for the same upgrade…doesn’t sound fair to me…[/quote]Well, the pricing in Nero’s shop is ridiculous. Most of the time much more expensive than the retail box bought from Amazon or the local store round the corner. :eek:

I bought Nero 9 and installed it. It hijacked all my file extensions and the update the OP announced in this thread takes about 7 to 8 hours to download because Nero has a pinhole for bandwidth. 13k per second!!

I’m getting sick of this software. I spend more time installing/updating than I ever do using it.

Is there a better, more intelligent company with a good burning application to replace this moronic, inane software?

hi people, i downloaded the trial version and installed it. took me more than an hour to install this version, wow!! anyway, i noticed the ImageDrive feature is no longer in ver 9. actually i moved from ver 7 to 9, maybe ver 8 also not there. i like nero imagedrive and so i m going to stick to ver 7 until one day i got no choice. just my opinion. cheers!! :slight_smile:

[quote=scrapser;2202144]I bought Nero 9 and installed it. It hijacked all my file extensions and the update the OP announced in this thread takes about 7 to 8 hours to download because Nero has a pinhole for bandwidth. 13k per second!!

I’m getting sick of this software. I spend more time installing/updating than I ever do using it.

Is there a better, more intelligent company with a good burning application to replace this moronic, inane software?[/quote]

Same here, this Nero version has the worst installer I have ever seen; it hijacked all my file extensions, it associated .JPG and other image file extensions with Photosnap, even when I chose not to install Photosnap. By the way, please save the Recorder/Action/Buffer Level/Recorder State column width in the burn window, I’m tired of resizing this columns.