Nero 8 Lightscribe Times

I’ve downloaded Sure Thing 4, the full free program that no longer links at the transcribe website. I also have Nero 8.1 Cover Designer.

I tried to write with ST4, but the process never started.

Moved to Nero 8 and got my lable done:

ACRONIS BOOT DISK
TI-11
DD-10

That’s it, just three short lines of text.

TIME: 15 minutes----WTF?

That’s insane for such a simple label.

I have best selected in Nero, and then DARK in the LS control panel.

However, I must have something wrong to take 15 minutes to burn three lines of text with only 25 characters. I suppose if I tried to print a background it would have taken 40 days. Same time limit with ST4.

Pioneer DVD RW (Came in a recently purchased HP Laptop (9500 series)
HP DVD+R Lightscribe 1.2 Media

I downloaded Sure Thing and it worked perfectly. Burned 3 lines of text plus two small jpegs in about 17 minutes, using the DVD writer included in my H.P. m7680n pc. I’m running Intels Dual Core at 2.13 G.

I’d try re-installing Sure Thing again or down loading it again. I found it really nice to use.

Sure Thing also reported 15 minutes for three lines of text.

I’m on an Intel Dual Core 64 at 2.2Ghz.

On the Lightscribe website, it says around 2-3 minutes for simple text labels.

[QUOTE=Porker;1950556]I downloaded Sure Thing and it worked perfectly. Burned 3 lines of text plus two small jpegs in about 17 minutes, using the DVD writer included in my H.P. m7680n pc. I’m running Intels Dual Core at 2.13 G.

I’d try re-installing Sure Thing again or down loading it again. I found it really nice to use.[/QUOTE]

Even the simplest labels usually take the full burning time because the LightScribe labeling programs are designed to label the entire disc surface.

If you want faster labeling for simple labels, I suggest you try the free LightScribe Simple Labeler which only allows you to label a narrow band on the disc, but it does so much faster than a full label burn with other programs.

I would be very happy with that solution, except that the free program only allows you to create a circular text, not line by line. I simply want to label my disks permanently and professionally (I’m a photographer) for easy ID, and will never use Lightscribe for decorations. Speed and dark text are most important.

Do you know of any programs that will do line by line text? I want to be able to choose a font and font size, and then line by line, like this

xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxx

That’s it!

[QUOTE=DrageMester;1950861]Even the simplest labels usually take the full burning time because the LightScribe labeling programs are designed to label the entire disc surface.

If you want faster labeling for simple labels, I suggest you try the free LightScribe Simple Labeler which only allows you to label a narrow band on the disc, but it does so much faster than a full label burn with other programs.[/QUOTE]

[quote=DouglasWD;1951466]I would be very happy with that solution, except that the free program only allows you to create a circular text, not line by line. I simply want to label my disks permanently and professionally (I’m a photographer) for easy ID, and will never use Lightscribe for decorations. Speed and dark text are most important.

Do you know of any programs that will do line by line text? I want to be able to choose a font and font size, and then line by line, like this

xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxx

That’s it![/quote] If you want to do that, you’ll have to use one of the labeling programs that burn a label to the entire surface and thus take a long time to finish.

You have to choose between a limited circular label burned in a few minutes, or an advanced label that takes 20 or so minutes to burn.

You can’t have it both fast and advanced - pick one.

It just doesn’t seem like printing left justified text would be considered “Advanced.” I guess it has to do with the circular print direction of the lasers, which when printing a circular can burn a lot faster because of more area covered than when the text is left justified. I guess the lasers can hit more area when the text is circular.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;1951561]If you want to do that, you’ll have to use one of the labeling programs that burn a label to the entire surface and thus take a long time to finish.

You have to choose between a limited circular label burned in a few minutes, or an advanced label that takes 20 or so minutes to burn.

You can’t have it both fast and advanced - pick one.[/QUOTE]