Nero 8 Free After Rebate (but Back Ordered)

Frys.com is again offering Nero 8 Ultra Edition FAR but it is back ordered and there are deadlines for the two rebates. I called Fry’s and they said you could cancel prior to shipping if it looked like it would arrive too late to qualify for the rebates.

(Please don’t beat up on me. I realize there are alternatives to Nero and it doesn’t have the best track record. Still, there are users who value it).

http://shop3.outpost.com/product/5359518;jsessionid=b-e0mmg9NXBPQSpfzRHDBA**.node2?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Thanks!

Thanks!

I am using Nero 8 and it works just fine for my needs. Mainly use Burning ROM and ShowTime with Blu-ray and HD DVD plugins.

You probably should have provided a few details, as this is not exactly straight-forward. You have to pay $69.98 for the software, and then submit two separate rebates. One rebate is for $50, and the second is for $20, and is an “upgrade” or “competitive upgrade”, with proof of ownership required.

[QUOTE=zevia;1941341]Thanks!

I am using Nero 8 and it works just fine for my needs. Mainly use Burning ROM and ShowTime with Blu-ray and HD DVD plugins.[/QUOTE]

hows the showtime in Nero 8 Zevia

I hate PowerDVD 7.0 Ultra, too buggy

I am gonna go read if the showtime supports AVIVO and PureVideo

If VLC player uses purevideo encoding than I wouldn’t even touch anything else, too bad it does not support hardware purevideo

[QUOTE=ghetocowboy;1941399]hows the showtime in Nero 8 Zevia

I hate PowerDVD 7.0 Ultra, too buggy

I am gonna go read if the showtime supports AVIVO and PureVideo
[/QUOTE]

When testing with both Cyberlink’s PowerDVD 6 and Nero 7 Showtime, we had to seek out the hardware acceleration option and enable it. Is there a reason these players couldn’t check the hardware and set this option on startup? I can’t think of a reason why you wouldn’t want hardware acceleration enabled if it’s available.

Nero 7 is suposed to support both. You would assume that 8 would (showtime 4), but I cannot find out for sure anywhere (I would like to know myself). It would seem that most of the documentation and help files for nero 8 are just cut and pasted from nero 7 so thats not much help either.

I bought the retail version of Nero 7 Ultra, and it works terrible on my Vista PC. Myabe #8 will be better?

I see how you get the $20 competitive upgrade rebate, where is the $50 rebate?

Just an FYI…looks like they’re starting to ship. My order from last week shipped yesterday. Should have it tomorrow.

BeatCrazy,

The $50 rebate was only good from Nov. 21-28.