Nero 8 DVD copyright burning

Hi New to this site.
Installed Nero 8 , trying to copy new DVD films which are copyrighted.
Kids Xmas presents, which in a few days they will scratch, bend or destroy.
Want to make copies so originals will not be trashed.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Happy New Year to you ALL.
Jeff.

Jeff
Nero 8 will not copy copyrighted DVD’s. You will need to use another software for this purpose. Read the forums and you will find there are several good programs available for this. There is at least one free one and quite a few that require you to purchase them. I pesonally use DVD Fab for this purpose.

You will need to decrypt those commercially made dvds first. DVDFab HD Decrypter is free to use and is still being updated. Found here:
http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

You will probably need to reduce the size of the dvds to fit onto a blank dvdr disk. If you are just starting out, I suggest using DVDShrink for this. It is a free program also. Shrink can also decrypt some dvds, if they only have CSS protection, but many newer ones have more than that, so you probably need to use DVDFab HD Decrypter first, and put the entire movie on the hard drive. Open the movie files on the hard drive with Shrink by hitting Open Files. You can download Shrink from www.mrbass.org He has some guides at his site for using Shrink that you should look through. And there are some interactive guides at www.dvdshrink.info

Use good media. Taiyo Yuden 8x (found mostly online nowdays) and Verbatim 16x are the most recommended around here.

Good luck. Have a great New Years. Post again if you hit a snag.

Try anydvd by slysoft free 21 day trial after that you have to buy

[quote=Kerry56;1965819]You will need to decrypt those commercially made dvds first. DVDFab HD Decrypter is free to use and is still being updated. Found here:
http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

You will probably need to reduce the size of the dvds to fit onto a blank dvdr disk. If you are just starting out, I suggest using DVDShrink for this. It is a free program also. Shrink can also decrypt some dvds, if they only have CSS protection, but many newer ones have more than that, so you probably need to use DVDFab HD Decrypter first, and put the entire movie on the hard drive. Open the movie files on the hard drive with Shrink by hitting Open Files. You can download Shrink from www.mrbass.org He has some guides at his site for using Shrink that you should look through. And there are some interactive guides at www.dvdshrink.info

Use good media. Taiyo Yuden 8x (found mostly online nowdays) and Verbatim 16x are the most recommended around here.

Good luck. Have a great New Years. Post again if you hit a snag.[/quote]

Hi Kerry 56.
Many thanks for your help in this matter.
Have acquired both DVD shrink & DVD Fab HD Decryter programs.
I am novice @ this type of work, hence I will copy DVD using DVD fab onto my disc drive, then use DVDShrink, upon completion of these op`s, will use Nero 8 burner program, to transfer onto blank DVD disc. Hope this is correct sequence ?
Again many thanks for your help, Have a “Happy New Year”.
Jeff.

[quote=JDman;1965816]Jeff
Nero 8 will not copy copyrighted DVD’s. You will need to use another software for this purpose. Read the forums and you will find there are several good programs available for this. There is at least one free one and quite a few that require you to purchase them. I pesonally use DVD Fab for this purpose.[/quote]

Hi JDman.
Thank you for your suggestions, I have taken the actions, will post results in next few days.
“Happy New Year”.
Jeff