NERO 8 & 6 compatibility issues

vbimport

i couldnt find a similar thread using the search…

i have a small network that has been using nero 6 to burn CD±R/RW & DVD±R/RW as well as DVD DL, upgraded to NERO8 & got passed the fact that the software “could not detect any CD-ROM devices” but now it has been randomly burning discs that when completed do not appear on other computers, 6 did this randomly as well sometimes re-burning onto a new disc fixed the problem. but the problem is more frequent with NERO8.

appreciate your help.

-john

(ps, i made a typo in my name is there any way to fix that? i assume not… did see anything in the control panel…)

What brand media are you using…the spotty behavior points at dodgy media.

Verbatim DVD+R DL 8x
Memorex DVD+R DL 2.4x
Verbatim DVD+R 16x
Memorex DVD+RW 4x
Memorex CD-R 52x
Verbatim CD-RW 2x-4x

all towers have SONY DRU-820A

Posted by thisendelssdecay
(ps, i made a typo in my name is there any way to fix that? i assume not… did see anything in the control panel…)

Post in this thread
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f20/change-my-name-please-134306/ and it can be done.

[quote=alan1476;2039325]Post in this thread
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f20/change-my-name-please-134306/ and it can be done.[/quote]

thank you very much!

[quote=thisendlessdecay;2039315]Verbatim DVD+R DL 8x
Memorex DVD+R DL 2.4x
Verbatim DVD+R 16x
Memorex DVD+RW 4x
Memorex CD-R 52x
Verbatim CD-RW 2x-4x

all towers have SONY DRU-820A[/quote]

===============================

does the burner firmware also possibly pose a problem?

If I am not mistaken I think the Sony DRU 820 is a rebadged BenQ1670. The firmware is pretty up to date. I dont see firmware being a problem here, although I would stay away from Memorex media, just my opinion.:cool:

although I would stay away from Memorex media, just my opinion.

I would absolutely agree on this one. Memorex, like many others these days sublet the production of their media to the cheapest bidder and stamp their name on them. Many of them code out as CMC MAG’s, bottom of the blank media barrell.

Personally, i stick with Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim.