Nero 8.2 and Above - Audio CD Default Track Sorting Order

vbimport

I’ve recently upgraded from Nero 8.1.1.4 to 8.3.2.1 and have come across an annoying change when making Audio CDs.

It used to be that the tracks I added to the CD would appear in the order they were added. The “little green arrow” was above the Track Number column and everything was great.

Now in the most recent version, Nero defaults to sorting the added tracks alphabetically by title. The “little green arrow” is above the Track Title column, with no apparent way to get it back to Track Number, where it’s been for years.

It’s an old problem I’ve always had with Nero: if I accidentally sorted by something other than track title while adding tracks, I was never able to get the green arrow back over to the Track Title column. I’d just restart Nero and be more careful with my mouse-clicking.

Since that’s no longer an option, I was hoping someone here could shed some light on the subject for me.

Thanks!

I don’t know why it’s not allowing you to set it back to track title. When I create audio cd’s it places them in the exact order that I import them. I can choose title, duration and such. You are right that the green arrow does not go back to the track, but that’s because the track number is assigned by order you choose.

If you can’t get it back to how you had it, I guess the easiest thing to do is uninstall and reinstall. I’d suggest using the clean tool because it will get rid of all settings and changes you made, assuring that this won’t come back.

You can download the Nero General CleanTool from the following URL:

ftp://ftp6.nero.com/tools/General-CleanTool.zip

1. Download the Nero General-CleanTool, save this file to your desktop.
  2. Open the ZIP-file and save (extract) the General-CleanTool application file.
  3. Double-click on the General-CleanTool application file to start the CleanTool. The window “Nero General Clean Tool” will open. The installed Nero version will be displayed.
  4. Activate the “Clean All” checkbox.
  5. Click the “Clean” button. A status window will open. The execution of the tool may take several minutes.
  6. Please wait until the progress bar has moved completely to the right.
  7. In the window “Nero General Clean Tool” click the “Exit” button once the erasing procedure is completed.
  8. Reboot your computer.

Immediately after rebooting, take the following additional steps.

1. Click the Windows ‘Start’ button and select ‘Run…’ (If using Windows Vista, simply select the ‘Start Search’ field in the Start menu.)
  2. Type in “%temp%” (without the quotes, but do include the % characters) and click ‘OK’. The Windows ‘Temp’ folder should open.
  3. Click the ‘Edit’ menu and select ‘Select All’. The contents of the Temp folder should all be selected.
  4. Hit the ‘Delete’ key on your keyboard, and confirm that you wish to delete the selected files when prompted.

There may be some files that are locked and can not be deleted, but immediately after rebooting you should be able to clear everything out of the Temp folder.

Once this has been completed, download the latest version of the Nero 8 installer from the following page:

Click the ‘Download’ button and save the file to your computer. If you are prompted to “run or save” the file, be sure to select “save”. Once the installer has been saved to your computer, run it. This version of the installer is labeled an “update”, but it is actually the full installer.

Watch for the installer page which asks for your serial number. The installer will automatically fill in a demo serial number if no full version serial number is found already installed on the computer. Make sure that your full version serial number is submitted when you reach this page.

Hey, i got the same problem…but it works ok in Nero Express

Thanks for the info, Evolution.

I ended up reverting to 8.1.2.0 to get my track sorting issue taken care of, but if Express works okay, I can keep my software current!

Ha! I didn’t think you’d be using burning rom for the creation of music cd’s. Using express to solve the issue would be a little easier than what I wrote… haha.

Yes- This is a real pain in the ass. Why cant I just drag and drop whole album folders into the Audio CD burn window and have them turn up in the right track order like on previous Nero versions? Glad I didn’t bloody pay for it!

The way around this bug however is to right click in the Audio CD burn window and “add files”. Browse into your album directory, Ctrl A to highlight all the files in it and “add”. Then everything gets added like it should be.

[QUOTE=nz_flyboy;2097678]Yes- This is a real pain in the ass. Why cant I just drag and drop whole album folders into the Audio CD burn window and have them turn up in the right track order like on previous Nero versions? Glad I didn’t bloody pay for it!

The way around this bug however is to right click in the Audio CD burn window and “add files”. Browse into your album directory, Ctrl A to highlight all the files in it and “add”. Then everything gets added like it should be.[/QUOTE]

You can also highlight the tracks in the browser window on the right, then right click on them and click Copy to Compilation (Ctrl+1).

same problem here. i usually add two tracks (any ol’ tracks) to the compilation window, then drag one over the other to switch the order, which eliminates the green arrow over Title, then i remove those two tracks and go ahead and drag the highlighted compilation list (or playlist file) into the compilation window. it’s a bit backasswards, but it works (when i remember to do it!). if anyone’s discovered a more practical fix (like an update that gasp actually lets you have the green sort arrow over shock the Track (number) field), that’d be great.