Nero 7 update out

vbimport

Nero 7.11.6.0 is out and at nero.com

Does anyone know what is different or fixed. Is the bloat gone?

Does anyone know what is different or fixed. Is the bloat gone?

It’s Nero :Z…the bloat will undoubtedly remain :doh:. I’ll stick with Imgburn. :iagree:

[QUOTE=LOCOENG;2039219]It’s Nero :Z…the bloat will undoubtedly remain :doh:. I’ll stick with Imgburn. :iagree:[/QUOTE]

I love and use imgburn when ever i can, but it won’t do everthing, I use vision, recode, express, and showtime a lot.

Vision = DVD Flick
Recode = DVD Shrink
Express = DVD Flick/Imgburn
Showtime = MPC/VLC players

All free minus the bloat. :clap:

I have Nero8 and yes it has some bloatware but I still use and enjoy the program. For 49.99 upgrade price, you cant find a better mix of programs in one package, even though there are alternative as Locoeng had said, I will continue to use Nero, its sort of a staple program in my toolbox.:stuck_out_tongue:

It’s always nice to have many tools to choose from Alan and I used to use Nero and it’s various resources, but the more I don’t use it the more I don’t miss it. :slight_smile:

A few years back I might have agreed with the “bloatware” tag it had on it, but now with computers with almost 1 TB of space, ( I have 750gbs) it really isnt an issue, but I agree , I wouldnt put it on a laptop with less than 150gbs of space. Now with hdds being so cheap and so large a few hundred mbs are not going to have an effect.:cool:

I totally agree with you Alan and I’ve recently built a new rig with just shy of 1TB of storage and I just can’t bring myself to put Nero on it…I’ve always said to each his own, use what works best for you and really hate pusing freeware or not on someone and didn’t realize that is what I was doing here. My aplologies…we already have a thread for this debate anyway. Sorry for the OT banter :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=LOCOENG;2039287]Vision = DVD Flick
Recode = DVD Shrink
Express = DVD Flick/Imgburn
Showtime = MPC/VLC players

All free minus the bloat. :clap:[/QUOTE]
Well ialso use dvd flick on some things , like converting divx and so on, But you can’t do all the things vision does(menus) and so on. Dvd shrink is old and out dated, was good in its day but recode is better and faster, and we all know the man that wrote shrink works for nero and writes recode.Imgburn works good on some things but is not user findly burning mixed data. And your players , well lets just say they aren’t that much (Just My opions) Nero Rocks!!
Anyway have a good day today and a better one tomorrow

[quote=Donewell;2039305]Well ialso use dvd flick on some things , like converting divx and so on, But you can’t do all the things vision does(menus) and so on. Dvd shrink is old and out dated, was good in its day but recode is better and faster, and we all know the man that wrote shrink works for nero and writes recode.Imgburn works good on some things but is not user findly burning mixed data. And your players , well lets just say they aren’t that much (Just My opions) Nero Rocks!!
Anyway have a good day today and a better one tomorrow[/quote]

I’m new to backing up my DVDs and it took me a while to learn. I finally got it using DVD Shrink to encode and Nero to burn. I used the Nero trial which has now run out. Can Imgburn be used as a substitute? I was going to buy Nero until I found out it’s $70! Is it possible to use DVD shrink to burn? I haven’t found a way to do that but it could just be me. :o

Thanks. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Pearlh60;2039548]I finally got it using DVD Shrink to encode and Nero to burn. I used the Nero trial which has now run out. Can Imgburn be used as a substitute?[/QUOTE]
Yes, just have DVD Shrink save in .iso format and load the .iso into ImgBurn to burn. It’s as easy as pie. :smiley:

Thanks Donewell

Thank you so much for your response! Somehow, I had no trouble learning to use Nero, but I’m unsure of which choices to use for ImgBurn as shown here:

The top two choices are “Write image file to disc” and “Write files/folders to disc.” Which would apply to loading a DVD movie to Imgburn?

It also won’t open files properly, but perhaps that’s a problem with how I saved it in DVD Shrink. I’ll figure that out next. :wink:

Thanks again!

^ If you’ve saved in .iso format select “Write image file to disc”.

You can find out anything you want to know here
http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?act=idx
You can get a copy of shrink that will open imgburn

[quote=Donewell;2039699]You can find out anything you want to know here
http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?act=idx
You can get a copy of shrink that will open imgburn[/quote]

Thanks Donewell and Philamber! I’ll check into that now. Your help is very much appreciated. It took me quite a while to learn how to do full DVD back ups. Now I’ve gotten it using DVD Shrink and a Nero trial, I kinda hate to have to relearn using other types of software. It was hard enough the first time!

I’d just pay for Nero since I like it, but it’s $70 online and $100 at Best Buy for the boxed version. I’m not quite sure I trust the sites which offer it for less since they aren’t actually affiliated with Nero and I’m not sure they are legit. Perhaps I’m just new and don’t really know how it works. :o

Thanks again!

The download for 7.11 is 333 MB whereas the previous 7.10 was ‘only’ 174 MB. So the file has literally doubled in size?! I’m going to try unpacking both and see what’s different…

[QUOTE=bsmith1051;2056910]The download for 7.11 is 333 MB whereas the previous 7.10 was ‘only’ 174 MB. So the file has literally doubled in size?! I’m going to try unpacking both and see what’s different…[/QUOTE]
I Think you will find that the 174 was english only and the 333 is all languages.