Nero 7 Ultra... very long burning time

vbimport

I have nero 7 ultra and I just picked up a LiteOn EZ-DUB DVD Writer. I tried to burn some movie clips and at the rate it was going it would have takin like 2 hrs or something. How long is it suppose to take or what might I be doing wrong?

I have nero 7 ultra and I just picked up a LiteOn EZ-DUB DVD Writer. I tried to burn some movie clips and at the rate it was going it would have takin like 2 hrs or something. How long is it suppose to take or what might I be doing wrong?

re-coding?

Im not familar with that. Do I need to do that? Not do it? Or if your wondering if I am doing it how can I tell?

There are variables that will effect the burning time, how much RAM have, how much free space you have on you hdd, the speed of you CPU. Are these clips encrypted?

As rule of tomb it should take you between 20 to 30 minutes from start to the end to copy 2 hours DVD movie if takes much longer than this then you do have bottleneck in your system.

Check to see if:

1. You DVD burner is in DMA position

2. Your hard drive is in DMA position

3. You hard drive is fragmented

4. Your temp directory is full.

I have nero 7 ultra and I just picked up a LiteOn EZ-DUB DVD Writer. I tried to burn some movie clips and at the rate it was going it would have takin like 2 hrs or something. How long is it suppose to take or what might I be doing wrong?[QUOTE]

Can you provide more details of what exactly your trying to do?

I mean if you have dragged some movie clips(in file formats related to Pc) into a project with the intention of burning all those files to a DVD disk that can be played in a stand-alone player…then Nero will have to recode/convert those files to a different format before burning to a disk…this conversion process can take a long time(depending on config)…eg…A DVD disk I created last week took 7 hours to recode(my PC is fast)…and then I still had to burn it to the disk

Religion, what are the type of clips you are trying to burn, how much in size? If it is .avi files which you are trying to burn on DVD then i think it is the normal time.

Usually updating the firmware of your drive help this kind of problem. Check the manufacturer’s site for updates…