Nero 7 Ultra Setup (SetupX) buffer overflow

vbimport

Hello all!

I’ve been a longtime Nero registered owner (since 5.0). So in general terms I’m pretty comfortable with how Nero works and have very little bad to say about the product. But there is one thing that annoys me with the Ultra 7 versions, and that is the web update function. It just doesn’t work and never has. I always end up downloading the latest version (150+mb) and installing over my existing version.

I’m running 7.5.5.1 and thought I’d try the web update function again. It said there was a newer version of Setup so I hit the "Update Now’ button and it went to the download screen and then I got this “SetupX” buffer overflow error.

I’m running XP Pro SP2, all updates, Dell Dual 3.2 Xeon WS650, 4 gb ram, AVG 7.5 and a fairly uncluttered operating environment.

Happens everytime I try to do a web update. Guess I’m stuck downloading 150+ mb every other month to do updates.

Has anybody else experienced this problem?

Thanks,

Mike

I have been using Nero 7 for a little more than a year now, and I have only found one Product Setup version that would actually update correctly. I have just gotten used to cleaning my system and then reinstalling. With the bugs Nero seems to show, it might be better to just have a clean install to eliminate at least some problems.

But having said that, I have never seen that error message. Of course, it may have crashed for just such a reason but never actually showed the error message.

i haven’t had mine long and found nothing but trouble trying to update. then i found out the update was 190mb. and i have dial-up lol! forget that. :eek: