Nero 7 Slide-Show Problem

vbimport

I’m trying to create a photo slide-show using my Nero 7 Premium. But the burn process fails at the same point every time. Thing is, I can’t make out from the error log which photo (if any) is causing the problem. I have posted/uploaded the log and hope someone can help me. My O.S. is Windows XP.

If you do a Google search on DEGuardNMCConversion, you’ll find hundreds of posts from 2005-2007 about this error in Nero. It shows up in all sorts of conversions and burning situations and there doesn’t seem to be a clear cut reason or solution for it.

Basically it shows a huge flaw in Nero, which they probably fixed in the newer versions, since it shows up less and less over time.

I have no help for you if you wish to continue using this version of Nero, other than possibly uninstalling the program, then run the Nero clean tool for Nero 7, then reinstall.

OK thanks.

I don’t remember if Nero 7 can use PNGs for their slide shows. I suspect you’ve got some odd-JPG (“corrupt”?) files in there, as if Nero’s capable of Version 8 but not version 4 of JPEG/JPG.

I might open every photo and re-save it, using the same graphics-editor for all photos as if a New Save Process would equivocate any odd JPG formats.

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2692735]I don’t remember if Nero 7 can use PNGs for their slide shows. I suspect you’ve got some odd-JPG (“corrupt”?) files in there, as if Nero’s capable of Version 8 but not version 4 of JPEG/JPG.

I might open every photo and re-save it, using the same graphics-editor for all photos as if a New Save Process would equivocate any odd JPG formats.[/QUOTE]
I’ve had to delete and then replace 3 photos already and the replacements worked fine. However, another 2 (these were optical illusions type pics) could not be replaced, Nero just kept rejecting them.

Are you able to save those in some other format? And if so, will Nero accept those?

Can you open the errant photos in something as simple as MS PAINT? And can MS PAINT save those? (I’d probably change their name slightly, and then compare Original PHoto to New Photo’s size to see if there’s much difference. Any difference, however, is attributable to a difference in JPG Format Version.)

This is what I think you should try .
Have Nero write the DVD compliant folder to your harddrive.
Take a look at it with a media player like VLC.
Does the slide show play correctly on the media player ?
If it does then try a burn with ImgBurn from “Build” mode to a DVD.
If this is successful then the problem is with Nero . Maybe the burning program.