Nero 7 Premium

vbimport

My Nero 7 has never worked without one problem or another. The main issue is with ‘freezing’ and/or ‘locking.’ Every single time I want to use Nero either for burning a CD or DVD I encounter a screen freeze/lock at least once. But usually more than once.
I then have major problems trying to close the program or continue. I normally use the Task Manager and usually succeed in eventually closing down Nero.
But sometimes I have to press the Restart button.
I’ve uninstalled and re-installed several times.
Does the fault lie with my computer or with Nero ?

To be sure that the problem is caused by the software and not by some hardware issue, you can do a very simple test: use a different software. I suggest the excellent (and free) ImgBurn.

If also ImgBurn give you the same issues, then the cause can be a faulty hardware component.

Are you using regular discs or rewritable media? Did you also install InCD? This is well known to cause a lot of troubles :frowning:

[QUOTE=geno888;2651151]To be sure that the problem is caused by the software and not by some hardware issue, you can do a very simple test: use a different software. I suggest the excellent (and free) ImgBurn.

If also ImgBurn give you the same issues, then the cause can be a faulty hardware component.

Are you using regular discs or rewritable media? Did you also install InCD? This is well known to cause a lot of troubles :([/QUOTE]
Will ImgBurn burn CD and DVD’s ? Is InCD part of Nero ? I use regular discs. In the initial installation of Nero I don’t think they’re was anything I unchecked as (i.e. boxes) to avoid installing a particular part of Nero.

ImgBurn definitely can burn CD and DVD, and also Blu-ray discs if your drive support these media :iagree:

InCD was part of nero but is better to stay away from it, because it is very easy to lost all data (RW discs are not enough reliable to be used in that way).

Regarding nero, you can install also the burning engine only, there is no need to install everything if you only use the burning part.

Give ImgBurn a try and see if it solve :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=geno888;2651175]ImgBurn definitely can burn CD and DVD, and also Blu-ray discs if your drive support these media :iagree:

InCD was part of nero but is better to stay away from it, because it is very easy to lost all data (RW discs are not enough reliable to be used in that way).

Regarding nero, you can install also the burning engine only, there is no need to install everything if you only use the burning part.

Give ImgBurn a try and see if it solve :)[/QUOTE]
OK, I’ll give it a go. BTW, does it have video editing options ?

No, ImgBurn is only a burning software. If you need a video editing software you must provide more details about what kind of video editing capabilities you need: there is a huge amount of software available (many excellent software are free but not lesser performing that paid software).

Among the best free video editing software there are AviDemux, VirtualDub, DVDFlick, DVD Shrink…

[QUOTE=geno888;2651312]No, ImgBurn is only a burning software. If you need a video editing software you must provide more details about what kind of video editing capabilities you need: there is a huge amount of software available (many excellent software are free but not lesser performing that paid software).

Among the best free video editing software there are AviDemux, VirtualDub, DVDFlick, DVD Shrink…[/QUOTE]
I’m talking about a program which does more or less what Nero does. For example, if I download a music video/concert and I want to delete the opening credits and the end credits to be left with nothing but the concert/video itself then I need a program which can do this.

I hope that we are not talking about pirated videos :wink:

What format are these video? AviDemux is a good option for both avi and mkv containers, both for xvid and H.264 codecs

[QUOTE=geno888;2651355]I hope that we are not talking about pirated videos :wink:

What format are these video? AviDemux is a good option for both avi and mkv containers, both for xvid and H.264 codecs[/QUOTE]
No, I’m talking about bought and paid for movies, music video’s, concerts etc downloaded legally from the Net. I always feel that the first 2 minutes of a movie can be taken up with film company names etc and the end credits can go on forever. So I like to delete those from either end thus saving up to 15 minutes or so which can make all the difference with regards to quality.

What format are these movies? As I said AviDemux should be good for both avi and mkv containers.

[QUOTE=geno888;2651386]What format are these movies? As I said AviDemux should be good for both avi and mkv containers.[/QUOTE]
Mpeg 4, Mpg, Avi, Mkv etc. I’m looking for a programe that covers all formats.

AviDemux and VirtualDub covers most of formats :iagree:

[QUOTE=geno888;2651464]AviDemux and VirtualDub covers most of formats :iagree:[/QUOTE]
OK, thanks I’ll have a look at those two.