Nero 7 Premium, Not Exactly Premium

vbimport

hello guys,

i got nero 7 premium and during installation an error message appears -

Unable to obtain shortcut count.
error = 16389.
error name: e_fail.

The result of this is when startsmart is launched there is no links to its features show, only one favourites star that leads no-where and no CD/DVD links for the tasks it performs

Do you had some older nero versions installed before? Maybe a reinstall would help but before you should use the general clean tool. You can find it here

Whats the difference between Nero Ultra and Nero Premium and which is better?

Both are the same, Ultra edition should only be the name for the u.s market and premium for europe.

I’m a new member and don’t know how to open a new thread. But the problem I’m working on is related. I have two questions:

1. How can I overcome the problem of Nero 7 creating tiny hiccups on edited files between each of the 14 second segments?
  2. How can I convert Nero Showtime files to a format that other programs (like Adobe Encore, Video Studion 6, and Video Explosion Deluxe) can read? Windows Media Player can recognise and play them, but nothing else can.

Thank you for any help you can give.
Doug Beyer

heres one for you. nero 7 ultra. registered with nero web site, brand new home made computer. nothing but xp on the drive,

[B][U][I]SORRY FOR CARING ON BUT YOU GET THE POINT.[/I][/U][/B][I][U]

and guess what same error. no past copies of any nero product.

tried it on a dell 1100 same result

new machine

asus a8v board
am 3500+ venice processor
2 gb ram
ati pci 9250 vid card
wintv 401 cap card
wd 1600 cavalier se sata hd drive
simpletech 160gb usb drive
and hp 3845 printer.
2 lite on super all write drives {dvd r-r}

BY THE WAY GOT A VERY NASTY LETTER FROM DELL FORUM FOR MENTIONING THIS FORUM IN A SUB,

Well you have to completely remove every single file, registry, etc to get nero to install correctly otherwise you have reinstall your os instead.

sorry

pete