Nero 7 Patent activation required

vbimport

Ok, I have been using NERO 7 for a while with no problems. Now when I try to play a video file (DVD’s are OK) a window pops up stating that a one time patent activation is required. I try to download the activation and another window pops up stating that activation failed and that a connection could not be found. I am connected using broadband. I tried to download NERO’s clean tools but Internet Explorer states the website can’t be found. Finally got an email back from Tech Support after a week and they say the problem is on my end. HELP! I need my NERO!

Alright! I think I fixed the problem, of course with no help from NERO tech support. I discovered that my browser (IE) would not open FTP (File Transfer Protocol) websites. Click on “tools” in IE, “connection” tab, “LAN Settings”, and checked the box by “Use a proxy server…” The Patent Activation worked on the 2nd try. Hope this helps someone.

Thanks, I know what to do if I ever need it.

Now if we can get more people to post what they did to fix issues they had quesions to, instead of saying shucks, it is fixed, no one there helped me so why should I post back what the fix is…man peeps burn me up when they leave a post somewhere like that, what about you guys?

thanks again!

[QUOTE=BPiston;1753362]Alright! I think I fixed the problem, of course with no help from NERO tech support. I discovered that my browser (IE) would not open FTP (File Transfer Protocol) websites. Click on “tools” in IE, “connection” tab, “LAN Settings”, and checked the box by “Use a proxy server…” The Patent Activation worked on the 2nd try. Hope this helps someone.[/QUOTE]
Hello,
When you clicked on “tools” in IE, “connection” tab, “LAN Settings”, and checked the box “Use a proxy server…” , what sort of an address did you have to put in?
zsmi

None, normally you dont need a proxy!

And BTW, firefox and opera are years better than ie.