Nero 7 (nerovision 5) slideshow problems!

vbimport

plz help me ppl! i have posted on cdfreaks before and you were very helpful! thank you for that. my problem is this… i need to compile a huge (over 2000 pics) slideshow (and i can only use DVD+Rs right now, and not DLs) well that’s all well and good, and i know how to make slidehows in nero vision 5. but something’s screwey…! i have inserted a part of those images into the slideshow and pressed in ADD WHAT - “original pics” to save a copy of them onto the DVD during the burn process, right? WRONG. the DVD does not work - why? i mean the structure is (that’s created) sound and the VIDEO_TS folder contains all the right things! it’s just that a folder called ORIGPICS is added to the root of the DVD containing all the original pics. nothing (even the nero itself!!!) does not recognize the DVD anymore! what gives? if the option for original pics exists, i should be able to use it, no? i mean what GIVES?!
plz answer me ASAP as i need to finish the burn…

–a little edit: the slideshows without the “add original pictures” option works well. but when the “add original pictures” option adds a folder to the DVD, it stops playing in DVD players, as apparently it cannot deffirenciate between the folder with backups and the folder VIDEO_TS! how come? if that option exists, it must function, right? why doesn’t it?

So why not just save your originals to one dvd, and then the slideshow onto another dvd…

[QUOTE=harley2ride;2060634]So why not just save your originals to one dvd, and then the slideshow onto another dvd…[/QUOTE]

i can - that’s not the point! the point is - if the option exists - IT MUST WORK, right?

How 'bout try a different approach. Compile without the “add original pictures” option. Use Imgburn to burn using Build mode, selecting the root folder that contains both VIDEO_TS and original picture folders. Make sure there is enough space on the target media by looking at the Information tab on the right.

e.g. You have
C:\SLIDESHOW

C:\SLIDESHOW\VIDEO_TS
C:\SLIDESHOW\ORIGPICS

Choose SLIDESHOW folder.

[QUOTE=toaddub;2060669]How 'bout try a different approach. Compile without the “add original pictures” option. Use Imgburn to burn using Build mode, selecting the root folder that contains both VIDEO_TS and original picture folders. Make sure there is enough space on the target media by looking at the Information tab on the right.

e.g. You have
C:\SLIDESHOW

C:\SLIDESHOW\VIDEO_TS
C:\SLIDESHOW\ORIGPICS

Choose SLIDESHOW folder.[/QUOTE]

that occured to me, thank you, but i just did everything on HDD instead of a DVD. u see what happens then is the original pics (lying in the root of DVD) apparently confuse the player and i have to MANUALLY select which files to play (which i cannot do in a set-top player!) why then my question is does the option of adding original pics does not work if it is ther!? does urs work? is my nero7 screwey? (BTW i reinstalled it! everything wiped - even the registry!)

With Imgburn it should work. I don’t have Nero7, so I don’t know. Maybe you should ask this in Nero support forum.

As for viewing the pics on dvd player, check your manual on how to view it. On mine, I just turn off PBC on the remote button, and the player displays in file listing mode, and I can browse the folders and see the pics in a slideshow pattern.

mine shows the slideshow as pics too, not paying attention to the VIDEO_TS, and list pics as player’s own slideshow but it takes a while for EACH to load, so i’m not doin’ that. my dad’s player is (awful BTW - he didn’t do his homework!) shows the “movie” nero slideshow, not minding the origpics folder.
thnx man - will try

plz try to answer me anyway! thnx a lot (i did the exact same thing onto a HDD folder and then burned the thing onto a DVD using MagicISO - it worked… Nero will not burn the thing from HDD as it has the folder VIDEO_TS and it sees it as a “movie”! sucks huh? but the workaround worked, so fttttttttttt… u know)
plz if you have any ideas - post em here.! thnx