Nero 7 KILLED Sonic MyDVD 6

Went to make a DVD movie after capturing with ATI Multimedia Center 9.08. Imported the movie to Sonic MY DVD 6, like always…and after starting the burn…the program aborts the burn…did it at least four times. So I wiped the drive and restored from a backup where I was still running Nero 6.6.0.16 and lo and behold…it burns again. If I reinstall Nero 7…My DVD Fails again. If I remove Nero…My DVD Burns again…so with Nero 7 on the hard drive…problems burning with My DVD 6…remove Nero and all is good. I hope someone from Nero reads this…if you use both softwares…stick with Nero 6.6

Back to 6.6.0.16

Well…I did a module by module thing and I think I found the culprit. InCD 5! I reinstalled Nero 7…and then selectively removed parts until I could get MyDVD 6 to complete the burn. Removed NeroVision…nothing…When I removed InCD…MyDVD 6 was able to complete two burns…no issues…nothing. Guess I’ll have to alert Nero about this…perhaps there is something in the new InCD that tries to control everything with the drives.

Bob

Just curious, you don’t happen to have DLA installed along with MyDVD, do you?

Absolutely NOT! Never have, never will. I have used Nero since version 4…and always InCD. On my wife’s computer…she has Nero 6.6 and Easy Media Creator 7…so basically use Drag to Disc…not because I like it…but when you use Nero and EMC on the same machine…without Drag to Disc…EMC disables InCD for the fun of it. Went around about this with Nero techs…nothing they can do…Roxio was supposed to fix it but didn’t…Hmmm wonder why. Long and short of it…Only InCD.

Thanks

Bob