Nero 7 freezes my dvd's

Hi i am not just new to this forum but to all forums and the like !!! Although i have been reading forums for years i have never had the courage to post anything on them :o ( Sad i Know !!) Anyway after searching relentlesly through all your forums which i have to say has been an invaluble sauce of information over the many months since my wife has bought a new camcorder !!! I Can’t find a answer to the quetion i have :confused: So here it is :- I recentley upgraded from nero 6 to nero 7 now every time i make a dvd of the nonsense my wife calls a movie !!! it freezes usually toward the end but it can happen at any time !! this is not too bad for me as i don’t have to sit and watch the bloody thing but it drives my wife up the wall. Any help from this great community you have here would be greatly appriciated !!!

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your first post :bigsmile:

When you say it freezes, are you talking about during playback, or during the burning process?

If it’s not an error with any conversion you might be doing, it could be a media/burn speed problem - what discs are you using, and what speed are you burning at?

:slight_smile:

Hey this stuff realy works !!! :smiley: Thanks for the reply after re - reading my original question i should have stated that it only happens through playback i am using verbatium 16x speed dvd single use discs and burning at the same speed. I hope this covers what you asked for and again many thanks for making me feel welcome. :slight_smile:

Anytime :slight_smile:

Well, Verbatim is about the best you can get (along with Taiyo Yuden), so I doubt it’s a media problem. Could be the burn speed, have you tried lowering it to say 8x-12x?

That might do the trick, I never burn at 16x or over myself unless I’m testing stuff, usually 8x-12x for me as I mentioned (and no playback problems yet on that media!).

Again Thank you for making this an easy jump into the unknown world of writting in forums. :slight_smile: I will try the solution that you sugested and let you know the outcome again many thanks.

No problem at all, good luck! :slight_smile:

G’day to you
You mentioned you upgraded from Nero6 to Nero 7. Did you do a proper uninstallation of the version 6, including regisrty keys, before installing version 7? Also you must get rid of Nero Scout.

Use this command to remove Nero Scout from your computer.

click “START” then click “RUN” and type this exactly or simply copy and paste:-

regsvr32 /u “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\MediaLibraryNSE.dll”

Enter.

John

Yeah, its not Nero but cheapo media…

Never thought Verbatim would be described as cheapo media. :slight_smile:

Switch it to “not appropriate media”. :smiley:

Before switching to nero 7 I formated my drive thus thinking that this command would not be necesary ?

If verbatim is not 'Appropriate media ’ What would be ’ Appropriate media ’ ?

I’ll admit to not understanding that comment. Verbatim is always a sound recommendation for any burner. You could try dropping the speed a notch or 2 to see if that makes a difference.

It’s possible that your DVD player is the actual problem with any burned media. Are you able to try these on another player somewhere to see what happens then?

What burner are you using btw? I ask as some can scan the discs for burn quality using CD-DVD Speed. Also using this app doing a Transfer Rate test would be a good indication of the burn.

Zero info about the used burner yet…

I’m guessing that lowering the burn speed didn’t help? I use Nero 7 myself and never had a problem at 8-12x. :slight_smile:

As suggested it might be handy to know your burner though :slight_smile:

sorry about the delay in getting back to you on my burner specs but we have just found out that my wife is pregnant again !!! :smiley: :smiley: Anyway i have tried lowing my burning speed and this was no help as the dvd’s still freeze . My burner is a sony DVD RW AW-g170A scsi. But what i don’t understand is that if my dvd’s burnt fine with the same hardware and media in nero 6 then surely it must be a software problem ? Ps My system is running windows xp 8 gb ram 3x 500 gb hard drives , intel core 2 duo extreme 6800 2x 2.93 Ghz 4Mb Cache, Evga Geforce 8800 ultra 768mb black pearl (655MHz Core Clock) (2250 MHz Memory Clock) . any further advice woul be graetly appriciated. :slight_smile:

Not scsi but P-ATA.
Does it run in UDMA2 or UDMA4 mode?

Ouch, sorry to hear the speed change didn’t help :(…I’m a bit stuck for now, but hopefully with everyone’s help you’ll get it sorted.

And congrats on your wife’s pregnancy!!! :clap: :bigsmile: