Nero 7 essentials problem

Hi,
I recently bought a Liteon 8x external slim DVD writer.
After I installed the Nero 7 essentials software disc,
I was prompted to reboot my computer.

After a reboot, my computer got stuck, (black screen),
I had to forced a shut-down and another reboot.

My computer then said it was having problems with the start up program and wanted to uninstall any recent items in a clean up systems procedure.

It uninstalled the Nero 7 during the clean up process, and my computer started up again fine.

the second time I installed, same problem so I had my computer just run diagnostic and not run an uninstall clean up program. This didn’t work so had to run a clean up program again, returning to a prior time before problem occurred. (which uninstalled Nero 7 essentials again)

I did some further research and found that nearly all the external DVD burners come with a Nero software suite.

My computer is a 1501 Dell from May '07, running on Vista. I do not know why it is having problems with the Nero software.

Please help

Hi and Welcome!

early versions of Nero 7 were not Vista compatible. This has been fixed with later releases, that can be obtained for free from nero.com website.
So please download and install latest Nero 7 from here: http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads-nero7-update.php and see if that works for you.

Michael

I have purchased a new DVD burner Lite-ON IHAP422-08 about 2 months ago. It came with Nero 7 essentials. I have few movies on my hard drive and want to burn them on DVD so that we can watch on stand alone DVD player. But I am not able to burn them on DVD. Can someone help me to burn video-ts file on DVD using this software.I tried to use one of the function and it said I have to purchase addional software. So what good is this Nero 7 essentials if I cannot burn video files on DVD. Can someone help me.
Thanks

Download a trial of Nero8 or 9 or reformat and put XP on your machine.

Hi,[QUOTE=rcv95120;2254985] So what good is this Nero 7 essentials if I cannot burn video files on DVD.[/QUOTE]Nero 7 essentials [I]is [/I]able to burn a video_ts folder onto a DVD in order to be played in a DVD player. Just [B]R[/B]ead [B]T[/B]he [B]F[/B]amous [B]M[/B]anual.
Another free option is ImgBurn in build mode.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2255078]Hi,Nero 7 essentials [I]is [/I]able to burn a video_ts folder onto a DVD in order to be played in a DVD player. Just [B]R[/B]ead [B]T[/B]he [B]F[/B]amous [B]M[/B]anual.
Another free option is ImgBurn in build mode.

Michael[/QUOTE]

I have gone through the nero 7 manual and help file. It looks like neo 7 essentials is not a full version of nero 7 as it does not have burn DVD video as in the manual. My DVD burner came with nero 7 essentials not with nero 7. My problem is nero 7 essential will not burn mt video -TS files. Could you please help me to find a way to burn video file with nero 7 essentials.
Thanks
rcv

[QUOTE=pfloyd1;2254994]Download a trial of Nero8 or 9 or reformat and put XP on your machine.[/QUOTE]

after down load of trial of nero 8 or 9 I have to purchase after 30 days. how can I use the one came with my DVD burner and it is nero 7 essentials.
Thanks
RCV

Essentials WILL let you burn DVD Videos. I do it all the time.

You cant open up Nero Express from the Apps menu?

[QUOTE=rcv95120;2254985]I have purchased a new DVD burner Lite-ON IHAP422-08 about 2 months ago. It came with Nero 7 essentials. I have few movies on my hard drive and want to burn them on DVD so that we can watch on stand alone DVD player. But I am not able to burn them on DVD. Can someone help me to burn video-ts file on DVD using this software.I tried to use one of the function and it said I have to purchase addional software. So what good is this Nero 7 essentials if I cannot burn video files on DVD. Can someone help me.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

I forgot to mention that I have tried both single layer and double layer DVDs. Also it does recognize a bland DVD when I am not asked by nero essential-7 to insert a bland DVD to write on. With out using copy program when I put a blank disc a winwow appears and asks what I want to do.
Please help me. I do not want to down load nero 8 or 9 as I will have to buy it after a free trial.