Nero 7 essential

I bought a liteon 20X LH20A1H186C DVD writer and it came with Nero 7 essentials. Has any one ever used this vision of nero? It comes with

Nero Express 7 essentials
nero showtime 3 essential
nero vision 4
nero recoder 2 ess
incd 5 ess
nero photoshow express 4

We just started using it and copied some pictures to a CD. The problem is I tried to play a dvd no luck. A box came up about trying some version for 30 days. If I cant watch a video do i have to download something from nero. I also couldnt find a serial # for Nero. The cd came with the dvd burner. I tried to sign on to nero they needed a serial #.

I have the Ultra 7 package but what you have should do it. I believe Nero Showtime should do it without any additional purchase. The pop-up window may have been a solicitation to upgrade to Ultra package. The serial number usually comes on the tyvek/paper mailing envelope.

There may be a problem with the disc you received. Try scanning the disc and e-mailing with an explantion to Nero.

Take a look at the following link: $5.99 for Nero w/ free shipping

http://www.surpluscomputers.com/store/main.aspx?p=ItemDetail&item=SWW13452

I had Nero 7 Essentials with my latest PC. The serial comes up when it’s installed, already filled out, so I didn’t have to type one in - did you happen to see one when you were installing Essentials?

And yeah, the version of Showtime which comes with it at least won’t let you watch a DVD without a plugin.

VLC player (freebie) might do it, I haven’t tried VLC with a DVD myself. :slight_smile:

[OT] Jeff, I love your avatar :wink: [/OT]

Works a treat! Nothing else needed. :slight_smile:

And yeah, the version of Showtime which comes with it at least won’t let you watch a DVD without a plugin

I stand corrected - but I’d buy Cyberlink PowerDVD6 (same website/same price/free shipping) before I’d pay for a Nero plug-in.

:iagree: - or I’d use the free VLC, as Cressida said it’ll let you watch DVDs.

So the OP has two choices :smiley:

well I downloaded ultra 7 for 30 days and now i can play dvds (bat out of hell by the eagles) plays and sounds great. Not sure what im going to do after 30 days, they want $79 for the software

After the 30 days are up, download the free VLC software as mentioned :wink:

I talked to the store that installed my dvd player and the nero 7 ess software and he said there wasnt a serial #. He said when they bunch a dvd and software together there isnt a serial #

i’m sure even the OEM versions of nero has a serial number

the serial is in a reg key i forget where but i had to find mine once for nero 6 to update

I have just installed a liteon DVD drive, which came with a cd with nero 7 essentials on it…I dutifully installed this, and now I cannot get the drive to do anything at all, and there is no nero software that I can find on my system to make it go…
Frustrating…
Any ideas???

[QUOTE=Kathryn_T;1998943]I have just installed a liteon DVD drive, which came with a cd with nero 7 essentials on it…I dutifully installed this, and now I cannot get the drive to do anything at all, and there is no nero software that I can find on my system to make it go…
Frustrating…
Any ideas???[/QUOTE]

Welcome Kathryn. Have you tried looking on your C: drive under Program Files/Ahead/Nero

Or Start / All Programs, or Search / All Files & Folders / Keywords, Nero or Ahead. BTW Nero serial # can always be found in the Nero History Log.

Thanks guys… did all that, no luck.
So I reinstalled from the CD and got the programs loaded OK, but could not play DVD’s.
I followed the link to the Nero site from the prompt to update and downloaded Nero 7 from that site. It is almost 350MB and took a while, but once that was installed the whole deal works perfectly! There was no charge for the download by the way, so if you are having trouble that would seem to be the way to go. All DVD and CD functions on Nero 7 are now working 100%.

Thanks again for the support and advice. It’s nice to know y’all are out there when a girl has a bit of strife.

Cheers,
kathryn

HI Everyone,
It’s me again (Doh!).
I have a movie on my hard drive (which is made of a bunch of files of course), which plays fine on Showtime)…Tell me, is there any way that I can burn this file on to a DVD so that it is playable on a normal DVD player?

Cheers,
K

please list the files types, as in the extensions, so we know what you’re dealing with. are the “files” in a folder called “VIDEO_TS”?

I too could use some help on burning VIDEO_TS files, is there a way that I can burn these files on to a DVD with Nero 7 Essentials, so that it’s playable on a normal DVD player? I cant find anything on witch part of the program I sould use, please help
T.

ok, neither mind I figured it out using nero 8…