Nero 7 "disc is not empty" for DVD dual layer

Hi,

Just installed Nero 7 that came with my dual layer burner… The first few attempts I couldn’t burn at all, as anytime I tried to make a compilation and burn it, the software would complain that “Disc is not empty”, where it was in fact empty (which was confirmed by DriveSpeed, since I told it to “create disc” afterwards, and it did start doing that. As I didn’t specify any image or anything, I am REALLY wandering what it was burning :slight_smile: at least it proved the disc was burnable all the time) …

Anyways, this seems to be the trick - in Nero Express, as soon as you make the compilation, there is a little setting for a “Book Type” under the drive options, by default it is set to ‘automatic’ - that is when “Disc is not empty” appears. If you change it to “physical”, apparently it starts working then… Just thought I’d share. Cheers !

I take this back - now I am having a dual DVD, and still getting “not empty” - even though InfoTool shows that it is !! And the above of course doesn’t work - none of the settings do. Any ides?
PS: I think the error it gives is “Calibration area full”…