Nero 7 Burning DVD movie issue with 5.1 sound

Hi
I am trying to burn a movie which I backed up to my hard disk using DVDFab, back onto a DVD (Original disk no longer works). So I have movie folder with VOB files etc. When I try to create DVD with Nero 7, I select all the files in the movie folder, click start, but then I get a message saying I need to purchase something else because the movie has 5.1 sound?? Is this right, surely all movies have 5.1 sound these days and Nero should be able to deal with it? If not its a bit pants to sell it as being able to burn DVD disks!

Try using ImgBurn.

http://www.imgburn.com/

When I try to create DVD with Nero 7

Which Nero app are you using… Nero Vision, Nero Burning Rom, Nero Express?

Hi
I think it is Nero Vision, there seems to lots of options within Nero 7 version I have. It came with my Samsung DVD burner.
Do some versions of Nero 7 have the 5.1 audio ‘add in’ included??

Hi,

Nero shouldn’t touch your already authored video material and also not ask, if you just run the [I]plain burning application[/I] (Nero Express) and select the “DVD video” project type.

Do [I]not [/I]use Nero vision for that purpose, since that is designed to recode your material. And you don’t want this.

The other option is - as already mentioned - ImgBurn.

Michael

there seems to lots of options within Nero 7 version I have. [B]It came with my Samsung DVD burner.[/B]

The versions that come with burners are crippled.

[QUOTE=MysticEyes;2271425]The versions that come with burners are crippled.[/QUOTE]Doesn’t matter. It’s good enough for general use, if ImgBurn is installed, nearly any burning task can be accomplished.

For all that video and multimedia stuff bundled with Nero, there are better options (not always free).