Nero 7.8.5.0 Update breaks Nero Disk Burning Gadget

vbimport

It appears that the Nero Disk Burning Gadget for Vista is either broken or not included in v7.8.5.0.

I attempted an update of v7.8.5.0 over v.7.7.5.1 on Vista Ultimate and the Nero Gadget from v.7.7.5.1 ceased to work, loading in Sidebar with a com error.

Uninstall 7.7.5.1 and then running v7.8.5.0 resulted in no Nero Gadget at all.

Can any other users confirm this?

I have a backup of the NeroDiscCopy.Gadget Folder w/files from v.7.7.5.1 but it evidently requires the registration of additional files, possibly a dll.

If anyone knows about this, I would be grateful for advice.

Hi :slight_smile:
It should be there according to [B]this:[/B]

Zebadee: You are right, it [I]should[/I].

Surprisingly, the v7.8.5.0 update installation routine crippled my DiscCopy gadget from the prior version; run following an uninstallation of v.7.7.5.1, no DiscCopy folders/files appeared at all.

Removing v7.8.5.0 and reverting to a re-installation of v.7.7.5.1 restores the DiscCopy gadget.

DiscCopy does not appear as an enumerated option in the Custom Installation list and Nero’s “md5 check sum” utility confirms that my download is valid.

I have also noticed that the “Nero DiscCopy” gadget is missing in Nero 7.8.5.0, i contacted Nero tech support to ask why it is missing but they give an answer that i’m not shure i believe, they said that the gadget was only available in the “Nero 7 Premium Reloaded - Multi Installer” which is a 411 MB download, how can this be if the multi and single language downloads are the same versions, i am damned if i’m going to dowload a 411 MB file after i’ve just downloaded a 175 MB file, and i’m definatly not going to download a 411 MB file for every update just to have the “Nero DiscCopy” gadget.

If somebody has the time and patients to dowload the 411 MB multi installer to check if the “Nero DiscCopy” gadget is included could they please post their findings, thanks!

I think that is a Vista Only, addon, so I don’t think I can tell cause I still have XP Pro.

Has any one experiencing any issue or conflict with version when been installed and embedded with VISTA 64-bit version?

You thought right, the “Nero DiscCopy” gadget is Vista only.

d.chatten: the situation with the DiscCopy gadget becomes stranger and stranger:

First, as has been noted, it will only appear and function in Vista since it is a Sidebar gadget.

Nero tech support’s reply to you about a “Nero 7 Premium Reloaded” pertains, I believe, to European/British v7. In the US, where I am, v7 goes by “Nero 7 Ultra Edition ENHANCED”. Nero has published a PDF Help file for DiscCopy which states: “Nero DiscCopy is available with the full range of functions in all versions of the Nero 7 Suite.”

Interestingly, the US-access Nero site does not yet post the the Release Notes for the v7.8.5.0 update, and more interestingly still, although the PDF Help file is now available, the official version list of individual apps/components in the v7 Suite on the “Actual Software Versions” page does not mention DiscCopy - obviously Nero’s Web site still is still catching with their product distribution.

In any event, after long Internet searches, I have just discovered that the DiscCopy gadget can be manually installed. It is a PITA. And there are qualifications - here is a summary (unfortunately I do not have the facility to upload the necessary pieces, but evidently they can be found online):

Qualification/caution - I extracted the individual DiscCopy folders/files from a partition image backup of my Vista system (using Acronis True Image 10 Home) when v.7.7.5.1 was installed, prior to the update:

NeroDiscCopy.Gadget [this is the actual Gadget folder that goes in Sidebar’s gadget sub-folder]

NeroGadgetCMServer.exe + NeroGadgetCMServer.bin [these 2 files go: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib]

I am not sure about registering ‘NeroGadgetCMServer’ and the appropriate Registry entries. A batch file to register the exe and a reg file with all of the registry keys for merging can be found here:

http://www.aeroxp.org/board/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=6489

It may, or may not, work. On my system the copy-back of the DiscCopy pieces probably succeeded because the whole thing had been installed and registered by v.7.7.5.1, and it is possible that the update routine of v7.8.5.0 did remove those Vista Registry keys. All that was necessary was for the files to be in the correct locations and for the gadget to be ‘added’ to the Sidebar.

Initials tests of DiscCopy running under v7.8.5.0 indicate perfect operation.

Hope this helps.

:frowning:

I am having the same problem with nero, uninstalled the old version installed the new version and the nero disc copy gadget is GONE  if any body has a solution please post it because contacting nero support is like chewing on water I THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Having same problem with DiscCopy gadget in Vista using Nero v7.8.5.0. The one in 7.7.5.1 kind of worked – hung at the end. Sent email to Nero support – got no help at all. Have now sent file to Nero about 7.8.5.0 – don’t expect any support on this one, either.

I’ve seen references to a “regsvr32” command to register dlls, don’t know if that will work with the .exe and .bin files. Perhaps someone else can help on this.

Here is the issue regarding the The ‘Nero Disc-Copy’ gadget in Vista. If you Previously
had installed Nero 7.7.5.1 the ‘Nero Disc-Copy’ feature was included in this version. The latest version 7.8.5.0 ‘single language’ or the 176MB download file does not include the ‘Nero Disc-Copy’ gadget, this feature is included in the Multi-installer pack

O.K., now explain why it is not included in the 176MB file.

In post #4 i said that Nero support told me that the “Nero DiscCopy” gadget was only included in the “Multi” installer, well it seems that Nero support where right, i downloaded and installed the Nero 7.8.5.0 multi installer and to my suprise, the Nero DiscCopy" gadget was back.

Hello guys first post…

OK I need some help finding 2 files to allow nero disc copy to work on my XP sidebar

I created a INF file that will copy and register NeroGadgetCMServer.exe to add it to the registry, it will also register it with REGTLIB from “%VAIOTOOLS%”

NeroGadgetCMServer INF Installer (right click on Install.inf and choose “Install”)

I’m using the Micro installer for Nero (which does not seem work with this gadget) can somebody with the full version give it a go?
It does not detect the Nero API (which I think is the application)

If anybody can find NeroGadgetCMServer.bin in “%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Ahead\Lib” please upload it I need it thanx