Nero 6

According to neros web site, the demo version should be available for download. can anybody tell me where on the site it is, or can someone please e mail me it. also i have nero and in cd, which came with my cd burner. if i install in cd i can upgrade to a newer version (can not remember which), but since the last couple of in cd versions, if i try and upgrade i have to first install nero. why has this changed, as i can not understand why i can not just install my oem version of incd and upgrade to the latest ver, without now having to have nero installed.

version on my disc 5.5.7.2v

cheers

steve

u go here to get the upgrade. as for ur problem, i don’t have a solution or explanation.

thanks for the reply. its the demo version i am after. according to nero it should be available

Originally posted by huggons
thanks for the reply. its the demo version i am after. according to nero it should be available

The demo version will be available 25th of July.

Buy now upgrade Nero to Nero 5.5 Download 19€.
You will have complete version and Nero 6 serial upgrade free !

see this post (in french) :
http://forum.2037.org/viewtopic.php?p=300709#300709

You can read on http://www.ahead.de :

Buy Nero 5.5 in our webshop now and save!
Purchase a download of Nero 5.5. now and save! You will be automatically receiving a Nero 6 serial no. free of charge shortly!
Do the math, you’ll see your savings!

I don’t read the last post in that way.

I fear all you may get on July 25th is still the ability to use nero 5.5 because you haven’t purchased a download of 5.5 - but an upgrade - not the same thing.

I may be wrong, but I think you may be wasting your money.:confused:

no !
ahead confirm this.
you can buy an upgrade version (serial is like a complete version).

thanks for all of the replys. does any body know anything about why incd, which came with my cd burner. if i install in cd i can upgrade to a newer version (can not remember which), but since the last couple of incd versions, if i try and upgrade i have to first install nero. why has this changed, as i can not understand why i can not just install my version of incd and upgrade to the latest version, without now having to have nero installed.

Also does anyone know why the ful version of Nero 6 is such a large file when the demo is not a very big file.

Finally if in a hyperthetical situation i bought a new burner which came with nero 6, would i be able to use nero 6 with my old burner, if this is legal to do, or will it only work with the burner it was bundeled with.

version on my disc 5.5.7.2v

cheers again

steve

I have looked again and I still read this that you have to buy nero 5.5 serial download for $49 then you will be sent the serial for nero 6 free. This would save you the nero 6 download cost of $59.99 - and this, I believe, is the saving nero are offering.

They advertise on their site that the nero 6 download upgrade is $39.99 - so it wouldn’t make sense to advertise nero 5.5 and nero 6 upgrade if they are allowing anyone to circumvent these prices for $19 ? Why advertise the other (more expensive) prices atall if you can just pay $19? It doesn’t make sense to me, unless you read it as I put in my first paragraph (ie a saving from $59.99 to $49).

Think about it : you could therefore upgrade from nero 4 to nero 6 for $19. I don’t think so.

I looked at the french web sites you posted but these are just other forums and nothing to do with ahead. One site says “En collaboration avec http://nero.2037.org” but this has nothing to do officially with ahead - it’s just another nero forum with a moderator whose nickname is neromaster.

The reading is ambiguous and don’t get me wrong I’d love a nero 6 upgrade for $19, but I think this is too good to be true unless an official nero source can confirm or clarify it, otherwise it’s $19 down the drain.

I’m williams (moderator of nero.2037.org).
the info come from Filoute (work at ahead) : http://forum.2037.org/viewtopic.php?t=24019

3 members of ahead come at our forum :
dburg
MC Driver
Filoute
http://forum.2037.org/viewtopic.php?t=22797

same IP static 12.telemaxx.net network.

I think ahead don’t make diffence between complete updage version and complete new version. the serial is the same but completly different of OEM version.

you can read at ahead.de :

Buy Nero 5.5 in our webshop now and save!
Purchase a download of Nero 5.5. now and save! You will be automatically receiving a Nero 6 serial no. free of charge shortly!
Do the math, you’ll see your savings!

Please note: Users who bought Nero 5.5 through our webshop (download and boxed version) after the 1st of May 2003 will get automatically a free upgrade to Nero 6 around the 25th of July. They don’t have to register themselve.

they don’t say no update version.

sorry for my english.:rolleyes:

Thanks Wsaintcr - you’ve certainly put my mind at ease now :slight_smile:

Given what you say, I’m going to give it a shot! I read their quote that you can buy any nero 5.5 download and get nero 6 free - and they say you will save. It’s just I can’t square it with what’s on the nero 6 Q&A.

I’ll let you know how I get on.

ok whats the difference between the demo version of 6 and the rela version of 6(or even 5 for that matter). are they the same thing or are there more features or what? cause i dont knwo if i wanna buy nero 6 since its expensive(at least to me it is)

Before you all go spend your hard earned money on Nero 6 Ultra be aware of the problem I am dealing with. I purchased Nero 6 on July 20, took it home, and found that the install process failed about 25% of the way through. I went to call Ahead, but found that they DO NOT offer any phone support unless you’re willing to shell out an additional $1.29/min, NOT EVEN to get the initial installation up and running!!! I find this atitude hard to believe for a product that Ahead has just released to the market place. I immediately went the email support route, but more than 2 days later, I’ve yet to recieve anything back from Ahead other than their auto reponder email acknowleding my request. I’m quite sure that I have some kind of conflict, but need some help from Ahead to identify it… but am unable to get their attention. And we complain about MICROSOFT!!!

I use Nero Burning ROM but not the InCD application because an old copy of Roxio DirectCD on my system refuses to completely go away on uninstall.

But I have heard that a lot of people are claiming problems with InCD 4.x so maybe I should not be in any hurry to start using it.

One person I know that uses InCD uninstalled it and went to Roxio DirectCD for one main reason: He said that unlike DirectCD, InCD does not automatically immediately write to the CD-RW (like when you do a drag and drop), but queues all requests and then only does the actual burn later or at the time you request to eject the CD-RW disc. Is this really how it operates?

My friend said he has lost a lot of data because he either lost power or rebooted his system and forgot that the CD-RW was still in the drive and had not yet been written. He said it was very inconvenient to need to remember to write/eject the CD before shutting down the computer, especially when he wants to leave it in the drive for quick backups. I can see where this would not be a desirable feature, if this is really how it operates, as opposed to DirectCD which writes immediately after any action is requested. Is he correct, and if so does anyone know if it is possible to change this behavior in InCD and/or why Nero would have it operate this way. Seems that delaying the write operation increases the chance that something could go wrong before the burn is completed. Will the InCD version released with Nero 6 operate this same way?

Thanks

Hey it’s 8am on July 25th, where’s my Nero 6 download already!?!?!:bigsmile:

Nero 6 Ultra Edition released to retail in the USA!
Nero 6 Ultra Edition released, now available at leading retailers and online stores!

Wow. Media Player is awesome!

See http://www.nero6ultra.com for information on what you should know about the support you’re going to get from Nero (Ahead Software) AFTER you’ve spent your hard earned money on their product

Does anyone know why i cant download any of the 3 nero dowloads from anywhere at the mo ? not even any of these : http://www.filemirrors.com/search.src?file=Nero6009.exe&size=21734668

edit
–oops. It’s just download accelerator annoying me–
/edit

Originally posted by wsaintcr I’m williams (moderator of nero.2037.org).
the info come from Filoute (work at ahead) : http://forum.2037.org/viewtopic.php?t=24019

I think ahead don’t make diffence between complete updage version and complete new version. the serial is the same but completly different of OEM version.

Williams, did your plan work? Did you receive a serial number for Nero 6 for the cost of a 19 euro update to 5.5?

cfitz

http://forum.2037.org/viewtopic.php?p=315136#315136 :

Pour ceux qui ont acheté Nero 5.5 dernièrement, c’est en cours. Nous avons déjà envoyé quelques milliers de numéro de série pour Nero 6.
POurquoi ont les a pas tous envoyé? Tout simplement parce que l’on est submergé d’emails, et que l’on étale pour pouvoir offir à chaque client un service de qualité. Néanmoins, d’ici la fin de la semaine au plus tard, chacun devrait avoir recu son numéro de série.

Pour ceux qui voudraient ahceter Nero 6, il faudra encore quelques jours de patience. Notez que pendant ce temps, l’astuce continue pour les retardataires. Pour les autres, la démo marche encore quelques semaines, alors profitez en

Translation by Google
For those which bought Nero 5.5 lately, they is in hand. We already sent a few thousands of job number for Nero 6. Why have A all not sent? Quite simply because one is submerged emails, and that one spreads out to be able to offir with each customer a service of quality. Nevertheless, by the weekend at the latest, each one should have received its job number. For those which would like ahceter Nero 6, it will still take a few days of patience. Note that during this time, the easy way continues for the latecomers. For the others, the demonstration still goes a few weeks, then profit in

I’m waiting serial number :confused: