Nero 6

i recieved a cd of nero 6 with my new memorex dvd i am useing win me an when i installed nero the computer would freeze at the desk top i would get blue screen something about vdx— haveing a page fault.i tryed everything i knew but no luck so i unhooked my dvd player an the computer work just fine,i uninstalled nero 6 hooked the dvd back up an all worked like it should,can anyone tell me what is wrong,an what software i can get for free i live on ss an don’t have much money thanks.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I have no idea what can be the cause of nero problem, but I can suggest a free alternative: Imgburn :slight_smile:

thanks i will give it a try thanks for quick reply

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=KD6CUS;1917417]i recieved a cd of nero 6 with my new memorex dvd i am useing win me an when i installed nero the computer would freeze at the desk top i would get blue screen something about vdx— haveing a page fault.i tryed everything i knew but no luck so i unhooked my dvd player an the computer work just fine,i uninstalled nero 6 hooked the dvd back up an all worked like it should,can anyone tell me what is wrong,an what software i can get for free i live on ss an don’t have much money thanks.[/QUOTE]

What is the full version number you have? Did you update Nero 6 when you installed the software? What version of O/S do you have? What is the model of the burner your hooking up external right?? Is that nero 6 you have a demo version???

[quote=KD6CUS;1917417] i am useing win me [/quote]There’s your problem get rid of win me and get yourself a copy of 98se, 2k or xp your problems will be no more

Doh…wow missed that big bug…hmm…dump WIN ME…and get XP pro…

I think that is where your problem is starting from ME…

Time to purchase a newer computer! One to two years old, with Windows XP Pro. Windows Me, was a problem prone operating system. And the old computer you have does not have enough power to run the newer XP. I could write volumes of why not to have that OS. I think most of the people out here would agree it’s time for you to upgrade. HP, makes very reliable computers. Get a model which has either an AMD or Pentuim processor. Make sure it has a DVD burner. Also, LCD monitors are a lot easier on your eyes, than the old CRT monitors. Christmas is just around the corner. Treat yourself! :iagree:

[QUOTE=QuickDrawMcGraw;1917736]Time to purchase a newer computer! One to two years old, with Windows XP Pro. Windows Me, was a problem prone operating system. And the old computer you have does not have enough power to run the newer XP. I could write volumes of why not to have that OS. I think most of the people out here would agree it’s time for you to upgrade. HP, makes very reliable computers. Get a model which has either an AMD or Pentuim processor. Make sure it has a DVD burner. Also, LCD monitors are a lot easier on your eyes, than the old CRT monitors. Christmas is just around the corner. Treat yourself! :iagree:[/QUOTE]

Actually the OP never mentioned what their system is so saying it is a Old system just from the O/S being Win ME is a bad assumption. We should let the OP tell us what kinda system they have and go from there…I would say if they can run ME they should be able to put XP pro sp2 on their current system…

So OP what kinda system hardware do you have ??? Have you considered going to XP???