Nero 6 & Yamaha CRW-F1E

Greets all,

Just wanted to let you know that there seems to be an issue with Nero 6 and the Burner stated above. For some reason Yamaha and Nero 6 dont like one another, at least from what I see on my system, Everytime a try to burn a cue/bin file and hit burn, the starts up and says “Writing: Lead In” and then it seems Yamaha Errors out and the program locks and so does the system, to the point that going to start and then shutdown doesnt work.

But yet The Yamaha Burner works fine with all other recording software. To further test my theory, I uninstalled completely Nero 6, even went into the Registry and removed all traces of the program and reinstalled 5.5xx and tried to burn, and burned without a hitch.

So it seems that something in the programming of Nero 6 doesnt like Yamaha, or Yamaha doesnt like Nero 6. SO beware, if you have this burner, its not the burner!

Have you sent an email to the techs @ ahead?

techsupport@nero.com

What firmware are you running?

Helps if you tell a bit more about your system. Do you have Intel App Accelerator installed? Try uninstalling.

Operating System: XP Pro Sp1

Plex 12x10x32
Plex 24x10x40
Plex Prem
Yamaha CRWF1
UltraPlex 40X Reader

1TB of disk space w/10 IDE HDs
Dual 1Ghz CPU on a Asus CUVX4-D MB w/ 1.2G of ram
Pagefile set at 1900 to 1950 on a different partition then the OS.

Via 4n1 drivers V4.48. The 3 Plex’s burn fine with no troubles, and the other Recording Software is also fine with the Yamaha.

Originally posted by AngelDeath

Just wanted to let you know that there seems to be an issue with Nero 6 and the Burner stated above.
So it seems that something in the programming of Nero 6 doesnt like Yamaha, or Yamaha doesnt like Nero 6.
SO beware, if you have this burner, its not the burner!

…and it’s not the prog either.
There seems to be NO issue w Nero 6 and the burner stated both above and below, the issue IS of domestic origin.

Unfortunately, I cant say I can mimic your results.

I went so far as to uninstall nero everything, and even wiped the registry of ahead and nero entries, and re-tried, and it worked, tried it 4 or 5 times, then rebooted cause i was recovering a HD and installing a new one, and after that I tried today, and again, a coaster was made. Then I went looking in the registry, and in there I noticed under the yamaha there was a subkey with a reg entry for autowritespeed, which none of the 3 other burners had, removed the entry, and it works again, but unsure if that key will return, or even if its going to work. But I dont think this is an isolated incident.

If that was the case Boskin, then explain why 5.5xx works with no trouble, but 6.0 doesnt, and yet all other recording software I have works flawlessly? (Not attacking, but curious).

I really think there is some issue, cause like I said, if 5.5 works right til the last build, why not 6.0?

And I have tried various media as well, so its not specific to one kind of media or brand.

If that was the case Boskin, then explain why 5.5xx works with no trouble,
but 6.0 doesnt, and yet all other recording software I have works flawlessly?
It’s kinda hard to tell why and what exactly is causing you troubles.
The reasons could be too many to guess.

My HD too is freshly installed as well as the OS on it,
so that I’ve no chance to compare to how it would work with the former 5.5xx versions.
I would use my LiteOn or Plextor for these kinds of burnings,
which means that the stuff with the Yamaha I did just for your sake.
Hopefully, you use the latest FW, which is 1g.

Actually yes I am, at first I didnt update it, but when this problem occured I did, but to no avail, so based on your reply, you dont use the yamaha much if at all, so its not your everyday burner, that might be why the problem doesnt arise, like I said it works intermittently.

[B]Greets all,

Everytime a try to burn a cue/bin file and hit burn, the starts up and says “Writing: Lead In” and then it seems Yamaha Errors out and the program locks and so does the system, to the point that going to start and then shutdown doesnt work.

[/B]

Got the same - identical problem using Nero 6 and Teac CDW- 516EB burning one image file, no problems using the Pioneer 105 anyway… but as long as quite bothering, i returned to 5.5.10.42 that for now seems quite stable…as long as nero 6 uses a revised burning engine, will wait some time to let them get issues from people and fix them, before installing again.

JiNeD

so based on your reply, you dont use the yamaha much if at all
Not really, I do use it much, but rather for strictly audio stuff, e.g playing w its AM mode.

@jined,

There’s no doubts that the 6.- version is still raw and there’s a lot to be done till the appropriate relability and stability are reached.
Meanwhile, I guess it’s wise to stick to that version of Nero that worked best for you and see what happens with the new Nero development.

Hallo Boskin & all,
is it possible for you to point me to the place where I can download 1g firmare version for CRW-F1.

I must say that I couldn’t find the AAMQR option in mastering, when using my external SCSI CFW-F1 unit and Nero6 (actually just updated to 6.6.1.4).

TIA,

Stefano

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/product/computer/firmware/fw-10.html

make sure you grab the one for your external SCSI and not the others.

Great!!!
Many thanks, I’ll carefully read the upgrading procedure now.

Stefano

…it does seem quite simple: just power laptop and scsi unit on!

:slight_smile:

Stefano

After the upgrade (if you’ve done it yet) do the Audio Mastering options show up in Nero? I’m not sure if the upgrade will do this.

This evening I’ll do the upgrade (the Yamaha unit sits at home :slight_smile: and will report tomorrow.

Another option might be to “downgrade” to previous Nero version, I’ve just downloaded nero551056.exe.

Any hint is much more than welcome!

Stefano

Hi,
as you mentioned, after the successful upgrade :slight_smile: , Nero6 won’t show Audio Mastering option.

To try an experiment I installed a previous Nero5 version, got from nero ftp site and, this time, I get the option :eek:

Now, I had an old 5.x license but the one I installed keeps boring me telling that it seems unvalid…

I guess how’s that Nero guys suspended to support CRW-F1 model in Nero6 (really a strange decision). :a

Stefano

On the other side, Nero5 (although installed in a different directory), messed up the Nero6 installation (thanks to damned registers)… so I can’t use it. :a

My inside DVD-RW drive isn’t recgnized by Nero5… :a

Stefano

I contacted Aheda support via e-mail (thanks to tazdevl!), and will let you know.

Best,

Stefano

No, Nero version 6 does support the Yamaha CRW-F1E and Audio Master Quality.
When you choose the speed of burning and you indicate Audio Master Quality Nero limits the burning speed according to Yamaha specifications for this feature.
When I bought the drive it came with Nero 5.5 and I bought a version 6 full license, I’ve done all the updates and still use Version 6.x with no problem at all.
With version 6 last update, the only thing that changed places but is still there is DiscT@2 - in the menus place is now LabelFlash (if you have a drive that supports it) and you have to search in the menus to find it (I can’t recall where by heart now, but it is there because I already used it).

agomes,
thanks for your feedback. Anyway, my burner is not CRW-F1E and all my posts were related to CRW-F1sx (external SCSI). I can assure you that the option AMQ option is not shown on Nero6.

Stefano