Nero 6: Foreign Imaje Problem

First time post so please bear with me!

While trying to burn one of two related ISO(.nrg) images the first burns without a hitch but after loading the 2nd image I get a Foreign Image Settings window with Image Type asdfsadf, Raw Data unchecked, Block Size 2352, Image Header & Trailer 0 Bytes, Scrambled and Swapped unchecked.
When I click OK a Foreign Image File dialog appears saying the following:

The entered block size does not correspond to the
     image length. The block size may be wrong. Do you
     want to correct or ignore it?

As I was unsure I ignored it and burned a coaster. Back at the Foreign Image Settings I matched the Block size to the Image type i.e asdfadf but got another coaster.

I’m not sure if this should be on the Nero board but as I’m a 'noob could some clever person tell me what I’m doing wrong?

What a Great forum! Wish I’d found it sooner…

OOPS! Forgive the typo’s above

Hi Mynfadlak (hey, this is not a typo, right? :wink: ),

your second NRG image is most probably corrupt. If you want, you can check with a nice freeware tool like Daemon-tools, which allows you to create one ore more "virtual CD/DVD-ROM drives’ where you can “mount” your images (audio, data, DVD) and see if they are ok BEFORE burning them.

If you downloaded the NRG image from the net, my guess is that the download process was interrupted before the end…

Regards,

ET

P.S. If you want to modify your post (e.g. to correct typos), you can do that with the button.

Originally posted by Mynfadlak
[B]When I click OK a Foreign Image Vile dialog appears saying the following:

The entered block size does not correspond to the
     image length. The block size may be wrong. Do you
     want to correct or ignore it?

[/B]

Thanks ET’

I already have an Alcohol 120% virtual drive but it won’t mount a .nrg image, bit of a vicious circle really! Will Daemon Tools do the trick or does that require an .ISO too?
I’ve looked at the offender with ISObuster and all the relevant files appear to be there(about 40 of them) on two branches but as there’s 3 Autoruns and 3 .exes’ I’m unsure where the entry point is.
I’d compromise and run the program from ISObuster if I was sure it was safe. Could I damage my registry doing this?
One more question: Does the Image size have to be a multiple of the Block size i.e 2048, 2352?

Much obliged :bigsmile:

Myn’

I already have an Alcohol 120% virtual drive but it won’t mount a .nrg image, bit of a vicious circle really! Will Daemon Tools do the trick or does that require an .ISO too?

Yes, Daemon Tools mounts NRG images. :slight_smile:

If you have Isobuster, try to extract all the files to a temporary directory and see if you get some error… (right click on the ISO label as in the picture and choose the first option).

One more question: Does the Image size have to be a multiple of the Block size i.e 2048, 2352?

Interesting question. I have tried with three ISO images I had on my HD, all with blocksize=2048, and the size was actually an exact multiple of 2048. I think that the answer is yes. Of course, I think that this do NOT apply to other types of images (NRG, PXI, etc), since they probably contain extra informations.

Regards,

ET

hi again ET,

Can’t find the quote button so I’ll answer in order:

I installed Daemon Tools and although I now have an H: drive there is no context(right-click) to it or the desktop icon only the normal Windows options. :confused:

I tried extracting as per your screenshot to a temp’ folder(red directory) but as the blue one has the same name I couldn#t save it in the same folder. Track 01 won’t extract as it keeps throwing up ‘Unreadable Sector’ messages. I don’t think this is very elegant anyway.

Now for the math’!

ImageLength/2048 = 32835 rem 156  <<<Nero Info???
  ImageLength/2352 = 11566 rem  2156 ?????

If the first is correct the why does Nero insist on a Block size of 2352 as mentioned in the top post? I tried both 2048 and asdfsadf(whatever that is) in the Block size but they just frisbee the disks.

I’m curious why Daemon isn’t working so any help with the above mess would be appreciated :bigsmile:

Oh I’ve just noticed. Yes that is my name not a typo’ <gg>
I wanted something Google can’t find :cool:

Myn’

Can’t find the quote button

I have pasted below a snapshot of your last post… can you see the button?

======================= START OF SCREENSHOT =======================

======================== END OF SCREENSHOT =======================

I installed Daemon Tools and although I now have an H: drive there is no context(right-click) to it

Daemon-Tools itself does not offer a right-click option directly to the drive (but if I am not wrong there are some shell extensions available on the net that implement it). If DT is active, you should right-click on the red-lighnting icon at the lower-right part of the screen, then the mounting options should appear (in my case I have two virtual drives, W: and X) :).

Reading the rest of your post I guess that your NRG image is broken… (I don’t know why Nero insists with the Block Size of 2352) Probably you are able to see the “content” when you open it in IsoBuster since the table of contents is not corrupted…

Regards, :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

ET

hi ET

Thanks for the screenshot, the quote button doesn’t appear on the compose screen but at the end of a post after its been sent. Not used to it at all.
Anyway I finally managed to get a working copy of DT running. The previous one didn’t insert a systray icon, no wonder I couldn’t use it

You were correct from the outset it is a duff .nrg’
DT accepts it and reports its size but zilch in Explore :frowning:

ET said…
"…Probably you are able to see the “content” when you open it in IsoBuster since the table of contents is not corrupted… "

It’s for this reason I’m hopeful of rescuing it somehow and run it from the desktop, after all it’s only the ‘control’ program and once in situ’ the all important data disk(the one thats working!!) does the rest’
I’ll post the results in case others are having the same problem.

Grazie. Molto ha apprezzato…or words to that effect! :bigsmile:

Mynfadlak

P.S. What do you use for your screenshots?

Grazie. Molto ha apprezzato…or words to that effect! :bigsmile:

You are welcome! Prego! :bigsmile:

P.S. What do you use for your screenshots? [/B]

I have used the “Capture” utility of CorelDRAW! 10. On the net you should quite easily find a shareware or freeware utility. With a quick search I found this one.

Regards,

ET