Nero 6 Express 16:9 playback problem

Hello all,

I’ve recently been trying to burn a movie that has all the attributes of a 16:9 video and even plays as one on my computer, but every time I burn it to a DVD I get a full screen 4:3 video. I’ve experimented with a couple different things like: transcoding the video to 16:9 using the SUPER program (even though the movie is supposedly already 16:9) and manually selecting the “16:9 aspect ratio” in Nero video options. Before I burn the disk, it says the movie will be burning in the 16:9 format under the “Details” section, but it seems to be transcoding it back to the 4:3 format. Does anyone have an idea how I can get this movie to burn in 16:9?

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Oh and some other information that might be of some help:

I’m actually burning the disk under NeroVision Express 3, version 3.1.0.25.

Operating system: Windows XP Home
DVD burner: HP dvd840x
Movie file type is .AVI

Well, apparently it isn’t transcoding it back to 4:3 because I put the DVD in my computer and sure enough it plays with the 16:9 aspect ratio. (I don’t know why I didn’t think of doing this simple little test before) However, this still doesn’t solve my problem…only narrows it down a little =/ I’ve tried it in two different DVD players besides my computer and both play the it with the full screen…why? !confused!