Nero 6 - DVD-Video vs DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO)

I read the sticky in this forum of Setting up a DVD Compilation, but am a bit confused. I looked at the template G@M3FR3@K created and it appears that he is creating a DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO) session. But towards the bottom of page 3 on that same thread, ScubaPete mentions simply creating DVD-Video session and burn away.

What are the differences in the two Compilation options and which one is generally used?

Thank you!

gj

Quote Go Juice
I read the sticky in this forum of Setting up a DVD Compilation, but am a bit confused. I looked at the template G@M3FR3@K created and it appears that he is creating a DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO) session. But towards the bottom of page 3 on that same thread, ScubaPete mentions simply creating DVD-Video session and burn away.

What are the differences in the two Compilation options and which one is generally used?

Thank you!

I am wandering the same thing as well, but what I can tell is that the UDF/ISO option burns the dvd fine but when it comes to playing it on 2 dvd players in my house I have no joy :frowning:

But when I select DVD-Video guess what?
Both play the dvd

I was wondering the same thing also…

I found greater compatibility from my pacific 750 dvd player with dvd-r when using dvd udf/iso than dvd-video.

I’ve had no reports from anyone else I’ve loaned my dvd-rs to…

any other feedback would be welcome.

:slight_smile:

see this also…

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/archive/t210770.html

:slight_smile:

I too ended up just using the DVD-Video sessions and it works everytime in 2 outta 3 of my players in the house… but I think the one that it does not work on is more of a +R read issue then the method I used to burn with.