Nero 6 Backitup Access Denied Error 5

vbimport

I’m using Nero 6 Backitup to copy files from one hard drive to another and get this error message from the log can anyone help.

Nero BackItUp : 1.2.0.52

[ Backup Process ]

Backup name:Nero Backup 5

Backup date:7/3/2005 8:55:10 AM

8:59:14 AM Reading source path information using [None] profile. This process may take several minutes.

8:59:15 AM Full backup operation started

8:59:15 AM Start copy file(s)

9:03:35 AM Error occurred while opening source file.

9:03:35 AM Access is denied. (Error code:5, File:C:\Stuff\CW-XC143EU.PDF.asp).

9:03:35 AM Unable to copy [C:\Stuff\CW-XC143EU.PDF.asp] file

9:07:27 AM Error occurred while opening source file.

9:07:27 AM Access is denied. (Error code:5, File:C:\IBM 5150\Software\Dc-sk.zip).

9:07:27 AM Unable to copy [C:\IBM 5150\Software\Dc-sk.zip] file

9:08:14 AM Error occurred while opening source file.

9:08:14 AM Access is denied. (Error code:5, File:C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Trash.msf).

9:08:14 AM Unable to copy [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Trash.msf] file

9:08:14 AM Access is denied. (Error code:5, File:C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Trash).

9:08:14 AM Unable to copy [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Trash] file

9:08:14 AM Access is denied. (Error code:5, File:C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Templates.msf).

9:08:14 AM Unable to copy [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Templates.msf] file

9:08:14 AM Access is denied. (Error code:5, File:C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Templates).

9:08:14 AM Unable to copy [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Templates] file

9:08:14 AM Access is denied. (Error code:5, File:C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Sent.msf).

9:08:14 AM Unable to copy [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Sent.msf] file

9:08:14 AM Access is denied. (Error code:5, File:C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Sent).

9:08:14 AM Unable to copy [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Sent] file

9:08:15 AM Error occurred while opening source file.

9:08:15 AM Access is denied. (Error code:5, File:C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Rules.dat).

9:08:15 AM Unable to copy [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Rules.dat] file

9:08:15 AM Access is denied. (Error code:5, File:C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Popstate.dat).

9:08:15 AM Unable to copy [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Popstate.dat] file

9:08:15 AM Access is denied. (Error code:5, File:C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\msgFilterRules.dat).

9:08:15 AM Unable to copy [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\msgFilterRules.dat] file

9:08:15 AM Access is denied. (Error code:5, File:C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Jokes.msf).

9:08:15 AM Unable to copy [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Jokes.msf] file

9:08:15 AM Access is denied. (Error code:5, File:C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Jokes).

9:08:15 AM Unable to copy [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Jokes] file

9:08:15 AM Access is denied. (Error code:5, File:C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Inbox.msf).

9:08:15 AM Unable to copy [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Inbox.msf] file

9:08:15 AM Access is denied. (Error code:5, File:C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Inbox).

9:08:15 AM Unable to copy [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Inbox] file

9:08:15 AM Access is denied. (Error code:5, File:C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Drafts.msf).

9:08:15 AM Unable to copy [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Drafts.msf] file

9:08:15 AM Access is denied. (Error code:5, File:C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Drafts).

9:08:15 AM Unable to copy [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Drafts] file

9:08:15 AM Access is denied. (Error code:5, File:C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Dale.msf).

9:08:15 AM Unable to copy [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Dale.msf] file

9:08:15 AM Access is denied. (Error code:5, File:C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Dale).

9:08:15 AM Unable to copy [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Dale] file

9:08:15 AM Access is denied. (Error code:5, File:C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\bookmarks.html).

9:08:15 AM Unable to copy [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\bookmarks.html] file

9:08:15 AM Access is denied. (Error code:5, File:C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Abook.mab).

9:08:15 AM Unable to copy [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Abook.mab] file

9:08:56 AM Copy of file(s) not completed successfully

9:08:56 AM Start Data Verification

9:14:10 AM File [C:\Stuff\CW-XC143EU.PDF.asp] was not backed up.

9:18:31 AM File [C:\IBM 5150\Software\Dc-sk.zip] was not backed up.

9:19:19 AM File [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Trash.msf] was not backed up.

9:19:19 AM File [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Trash] was not backed up.

9:19:19 AM File [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Templates.msf] was not backed up.

9:19:19 AM File [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Templates] was not backed up.

9:19:19 AM File [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Sent.msf] was not backed up.

9:19:19 AM File [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Sent] was not backed up.

9:19:19 AM File [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Rules.dat] was not backed up.

9:19:19 AM File [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Popstate.dat] was not backed up.

9:19:19 AM File [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\msgFilterRules.dat] was not backed up.

9:19:19 AM File [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Jokes.msf] was not backed up.

9:19:19 AM File [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Jokes] was not backed up.

9:19:19 AM File [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Inbox.msf] was not backed up.

9:19:19 AM File [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Inbox] was not backed up.

9:19:19 AM File [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Drafts.msf] was not backed up.

9:19:19 AM File [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Drafts] was not backed up.

9:19:19 AM File [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Dale.msf] was not backed up.

9:19:19 AM File [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Mail\mail.comcast.net\Dale] was not backed up.

9:19:19 AM File [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\bookmarks.html] was not backed up.

9:19:19 AM File [C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Lk0i5jpw.slt\Abook.mab] was not backed up.

9:19:49 AM Data Verification failed

9:19:49 AM Backup process finished but some file(s) could not be backed up successfully.

I can’t specifically answer your question, but I seem to remember Nero backitup has problems with backing up stuff from the drive that contains the operating system (normally C drive of course) as many files are opened by the operating system.

You might be better off using another package e.g. Norton Ghost?

I’d agree with Oilman on this. I tried Backitup (once) & had these errors. I use BackupMyPC which handles system backups just fine. Not too expensive either. Backs up to file, tape or CD/DVD with compression & quite quick.

I can clear this up since I found out what the problem was. First I do use Norton Ghost to do system backups. I use nero to do file backups. If you look at the log all the errors point to one directory it was corrupt for some reason. I deleted the directory since it didn’t effect anything and the problem went away.

thanks for letting us know - feedback is always good.