Nero 6 and Sound

Hello Everyone,

I am using Nero 6 OEM / Recode 2 to burn movies. When I am previewing movie before burning there is a picture, but no sound. The burned movie is fine. It’s only when I preview. I preview using dvd shrink if I want sound. Can anyone help?Thanks

Hi,
Open Nero Recode, click the “more” tab at the bottom of the page. Click on Configure,
click Preview Window, set to Always downmix to 2 channel stereo.

Thanks for the quick response, but that option is set to downmix 2 channel stereo already. Is there a hidden volume control somewhere in recode 2?

Not that I know of. I’ll play around with it and get back. What version of Nero 6 are you using? The quality of a DVD made with Recode is no where near as good as with DVD Shrink.

Thanks for the reply. Not sure about Nero version, but I will check. The quality of recode seems about the same as shrink. Recode is much faster, at least on my machine. Since you use shrink, what do you use to burn dvd? From what I read same person who created shrink had a hand in recode 2 creation.

You are right the author of Shrink and Recode are one in the same. To me even with Recode set to highest quality and to always make 2 passes the quality is not as good as Shrink. With Shrink set to do deep analysis and to use AEC it can take a long time you are right. But even without these extras used in Shrink I still see much better quality with Shrink than Recode.
I use either DVD Decrypter, Shrink and IMGBurn for iso files, and Shrink and Nero Express for video files saving everything to HD until no longer needed. Since DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink can no longer handle the newest encryptions I use the free version of DVDFab Decrypter and rip to the HD first then Shrink to re-author and compress.

You can always use AnyDVD in background when you are ripping with DVDShrink to overcome the difficulty of newest encryption.

Yes, I understand it is a great program but I’ve not tried it yet. :slight_smile:

I also use DVDFab Decrypter. I also have DVDFab platinum, but I have been experiencing occasional problems when it goes to write the dvd. It works well on my win98se machine but the errors are on my winxp machine using hp dvd writer, so I tried Nero. I understand IMG burn is free, so I will try with shrink.