Nero 6 and DVD-R

I have just purchased the sony DRU 700A (dual layer) and I am using Nero 6 to burn DVDs. Whenever I use DVD-R, nero freezes but when I use DVD+R or DVD+RW, it works fine and burns DVDs beautifully.

When I use the new Nero 6, I use the DVD-Video project option. It will burn finalized DVD with correct filesystem (UDF/ISO, no Joliet) and sorted files.

Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong

i also have sony DRU 700A (dual layer) and newest nero, my dvd-r & dvd+r work fine so dont think it is something you are doing wrong, mabe some other software on your system is conflicting ? try reinstalling nero…

Not sure if this helps, but the Sony DRU700A is a rebadged LiteOn 832S, and my LiteOn 832S doesn’t like DVD-R’s much. My first Taiyo-Yuden 4X DVD-R refused to burn. Nero got stuck at lead-in for 5 minutes and I had to reboot the machine. When I ejected the disk, around half of it appeared to have been written, although it wasn’t readable. The PI/PO errors were colossal with this media. I’ve had no problems with DVD+R media from various vendors.

the Sony DRU700A is a rebadged LiteOn 832S, and my LiteOn 832S doesn’t like DVD-R’s

ditto, I have three lite-ons and have learned to stick with plus media