Nero 6.603 can't see network

vbimport

Hi :slight_smile:

I can’t see my shared folders at all in Nero 6.603 so I can burn an image file stored on the second comp. I don’t have enough space to store the image files on my own machine so it would be essential I can burn dvd’s form the networked comp.

Nero 6.603
Lite On SOHW -1633s
WindowsXP SP1
Intel Celeron 1300mhz
384mb RAM
HP Pavilion 501a

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

You can open the share in a standard explorer box & then drag & drop from that. Nero 6.3.x.x allows me to do that, I presume its the same in 6.6.x.x. Remeber to tell nero not to cache the share or it will try and copy the file onto your HDD locally.

6.3.x.x will not let me open a network share either.

>You can open the share in a standard explorer box & then drag & drop from that. Nero 6.3.x.x allows me to do that, I presume its the same in 6.6.x.x. Remeber to tell nero not to cache the share or it will try and copy the file onto your HDD locally.

>6.3.x.x will not let me open a network share either.

Wheeeeeeeee!!! That worked for a tiny image file to CD. Now to try the big boys to dvd.

Is this not seeing networks usual for Nero or just isolated to an isolated few I wonder?

Thanks so much for the assist. :smiley:

Ooooooooops! Just another thought you could maybe help with. If the needed image file on the networked comp is say 5gb - but my partiton has only 2gb free space, will I be able to drag and burn that big an image like this? The burner and Nero is on my comp with the small free space.

Sorry for these sorry questions.

Technically, yes. However you will need to play with the settings to make sure that Nero does not cache the files & also slow your burning speed down to the max that your network can provide (16x CD or 4x DVD on my congested Network for reliable burning)