Nero 6.6 -> has anybody used it yet?

Just wandered wether any 1 had used it to burn a disk yet? is it better? is it worse? I would test it but ran out of disks!!! :a :a

It is the same in writing quality… good as ever.

Where it can be downloaded? I can only find 6.3.1.25 released sept20.

Ahead has not uploaded it to their website for download yet. it is a place called tech connect that has it available for download.

I have burned four CDs and 5 DVDs with Nero 6.6 Rloaded,without any problems.I like the new interface for Nero Smart Start as well as the revised Nero Vision 3. I burned the CDs with a TDK CDRW5200 52X Velo CD and the DVDs with a Plextor PX-708A fw 1.08, Plextools version 2.17.

it was on techconnect, but now sevice is unavaluable :frowning:
however link HERE, i guess if you try every few hours youll get it :slight_smile:

ben :slight_smile:

or if you are REALLY desperate for it i have hosted it, but cant affort to have the link public, and so not many people can download it from me. pm me asking nicely and i just might send you the link :wink:

Thanks for the link ben, just finished dl-ing. first try service unavailable, second try was a success. 80MB, wuih…

Hey, it doesn’t show book type settings anymore. I know it doesn’t matter because we have Plextools, but why 6.3.1.25 shows book type setting :sad:

Second pic is for hp200i.

@zevia… yeah, that’s the only drawback I’ve seen using it. I haven’t used PlexTools since I got my drive (back then it interfered with just about everything on my nForce2 board), so I really liked the bitsetting feature in 6.3.1.25. I also like the 29MB filesize better than the 82MB all-in-one download–I use other tools to do what the Nero add-ons do. Back to x.x.x.25 for me.

I think when they did 6.6 knew that plextools uses bit setting now so they saw no need to add it, as it is confusing when you set it in plextools just to have it overriden in nero. It is still beta too me thinks.

Question that I have is, does the short leadout function make writes quicker?

Any REAL advantage over Nero 5.5???

When I tried Nero 6.0.0.0 it was just bad, very big and not really satisfying, so I returned to the good old Nero-Versions!

Maby it dont show book type because ur on a different drive in each of they screen shots and maby ur one drive dont support that hehehe :confused: :iagree: :wink:

http://files.tcmagazine.net/apps/nero6600TCMAGAZINE.zip

Service unavailable.

I wonder why it’s gone and why it’s not on Ahead’s own site? Hmm…

Service unavailable.

I wonder why it’s gone and why it’s not on Ahead’s own site? Hmm…

The server is busy that is why it says service unavailable. The reason AHEAD doesn’t have it on their own website is they only released it to certain ones. I guess to test out the water. Keep clicking the download and you’ll eventually be able to get it. Try this site for the download:

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Nero_Burning_Rom__Reloaded-Download-5270.html

You don’t have to keep clicking , just don’t close the download page http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Nero_Burning_Rom__Reloaded-Download-5270.html in the middle of downloading … :rolleyes:
I have done some burns with the 6.6.0.0 for some time now and it’s working fine (also with PI/PO) , except when making DVD’s out of MPEG-files which may or may not be my own fault .:confused:
Oh , I forgot :
With the version I’ve tried the music You can add to menus only can be heard on computers , not TV’s !
There’s a nicer UserInterface and it looks better all-in-all and there are some new tools that might come in handy . :bigsmile:

The link is to a newer edition than I’ve tried :

Nero 6 Download Package contains:

• Nero Vision Express 3.0.0.12B
  • Nero Cover Designer 2.3.0.12
  • ShowTime 2.0.0.6
  • Nero Recode 2.1.1.21
  • Nero MediaHome 1.0.0.15
  • Nero PhotoSnap 1.0.0.8

Nero 6.6 supports for the first time a burning of short Lead Outs. Thus one can save up to 80 seconds when burning and has 12 Mb more storage location. A function is offered, which makes it possible to examine at the end of the combustion the medium for errors. The Tool Nero Vision Express was revised completely and is provided now in the version 3.It can read in and further process immediately films already burned. All usual formats are supported. The operation is very easy: One indicates the drive assembly, in which is the CD or DVD and indicates vision express in an overview with Thumbnails, which films are present.

I have been using this edition :

• Nero Vision Express 3.0.0.8
  • Nero Cover Designer 2.3.0.11
  • ShowTime 2.0.0.5
  • Nero Recode 2.1.1.20
  • Nero MediaHome 1.0.0.14
  • Nero PhotoSnap 1.0.0.7

from this link :

http://files.tcmagazine.net/apps/nero6600TCMAGAZINE.zip

Does 6.6 fixed the slow file browser problem?

im using Nero 6.6 and it works just fine here.

Due to the file size only broadband users will be attracted - Ahead is not doing anyone a favor with that multimedia package. They should stick with the modular download system.

4mins 14secs from the softpedia usa mirror. not to bad for a 80.4 mb file lol

No news about availability of the Nero’s “official” files for dowload at their site.
Any info, pls?