Nero 6.6 bundled with sony drive

vbimport

I just recently put in cd/rw dvd/rom liteon dh-52c2p. When I try to burn with it, Nero burning rom tells me Nero is a sony edition that supports only sony drives.

However, I have used that same version of Nero to burn to an old LG CED 8080B and to LG GSA-H10L without any problems.

Can anyone explain this discrepancy?

Thanks

The best advice I can give is to look into ImgBurn.

http://www.imgburn.com/

[QUOTE=Scrappy71;2090348]I just recently put in cd/rw dvd/rom liteon dh-52c2p. When I try to burn with it, Nero burning rom tells me Nero is a sony edition that supports only sony drives.

However, I have used that same version of Nero to burn to an old LG CED 8080B and to LG GSA-H10L without any problems.

Can anyone explain this discrepancy?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

So which version of Nero are you using on the LG burner?? Which version of the nero is it that came with the sony?

Nero OEM 6.6.1.4
Nero Digital 3.1.0.14

I guess I didn’t explain well enough…my bad.

That Version of Nero came with the Sony drive.

When I tried to use that Nero to burn to the Lite-on, I got the message about it being a Sony edition supporting Sony bundled recorders only.

However, that version of Nero that came with the Sony drive will burn to both of my LG drives without any problems that I can see.

Hope that clears it up.

Thanks

Scrappy71:

With software glitches, licensing agreements and unfortunate screw-ups, I don’t know if it’s possible to understand why it works on one but not the other.

Surpluscomputers often has great deals on software (usually OEM) and shipping (lower 48 States) is sometimes free. Right now, they are showing a copy of Nero that contains Nero Burning Rom V6. There are other suites and you can decide if any of them meet your needs.

If you are not in the U.S., send me a private message and we’ll see what we can do.

http://www.surpluscomputers.com/store/main.aspx?p=SearchBody&search=nero

Hi,[quote=Scrappy71;2090952]Nero OEM 6.6.1.4
That Version of Nero came with the Sony drive.

When I tried to use that Nero to burn to the Lite-on, I got the message about it being a Sony edition supporting Sony bundled recorders only.[/quote]this is quite normal with Nero versions that are bundled with Sony and Philips retail drives.

However, that version of Nero that came with the Sony drive will burn to both of my LG drives without any problems that I can see.
I suspect, this might be an “accident” of this Sony-bundled Nero version.
The whole behaviour of Nero is controlled by the serial#, so I guess this Sony OEM serial# is not as restricted as intended.

Michael

Addition to my above post.

The website says: “Please Note: This product must be purchased with hardware”. SurplusComputers [U]will [/U] sell without a hardware purchase.

I thank you for your help.

I was just trying to find out why the Nero was acting they way it is. Since it is burning to my two DVD/RW, I am not to upset that it will not burn to the Lite-on.

The Lite-on, however, came with Nero 7 Essentials, but apparently did not come with Burning Rom. However, I have read where it may be there, it just needs a new serial to “Unlock” it.

The drive came with a “Bonus Offer” to upgrade software. I don’t know if this will update it to a complete version, or I will be sent a CD that will come with updates that I could just well have downloaded from Nero website.

We shall see.

Thanks