Nero 6.6.1.4 vs Nero 8.x?

I’ve been happily using Nero 6.6 for awhile and felt no reason to upgrade, especially after the negative comments about Nero 7. How is version 8.x nowadays? Worth upgrading?

Robert

bump

I tried 8 for a little more than a week and didn’t care for it. Too buggy! Went back to 6.6.1.15d. It does everything I want to do. But you can try 8 for yourself free.

[QUOTE=valnar;1974597]I’ve been happily using Nero 6.6 for awhile and felt no reason to upgrade, especially after the negative comments about Nero 7. How is version 8.x nowadays? Worth upgrading?

Robert[/QUOTE]

From what I read and seen people comments on using Nero 8 if you don’t use it enough it doesn’t justify buying the newer version…most of my usage is data cd/dvd backup with nero and some image burns but since I use Slysoft products more I keep Nero around for backups and smaller task…so if you don’t use it enough then buying a newer version won’t justify buying it. But as before it will be up to the enduser to buy or not buy from reading other people experiences with the software…if Nero 6 does all you want and you don’t plan to expand on more usage of Nero 6 then I would say keep using your Nero 6…I have Nero 6.6.1.15…

[QUOTE=coolcolors;1983611]From what I read and seen people comments on using Nero 8 if you don’t use it enough it doesn’t justify buying the newer version…most of my usage is data cd/dvd backup with nero and some image burns but since I use Slysoft products more I keep Nero around for backups and smaller task…so if you don’t use it enough then buying a newer version won’t justify buying it. But as before it will be up to the enduser to buy or not buy from reading other people experiences with the software…if Nero 6 does all you want and you don’t plan to expand on more usage of Nero 6 then I would say keep using your Nero 6…I have Nero 6.6.1.15…[/QUOTE]

But that’s the problem, isn’t it? I don’t have Nero 8 so I don’t know what it offers. I could be missing on features (am I?), or just missing on new bugs.

Robert

[QUOTE=valnar;1983649]But that’s the problem, isn’t it? I don’t have Nero 8 so I don’t know what it offers. I could be missing on features (am I?), or just missing on new bugs.

Robert[/QUOTE]

Nobody knows better than yourself about what your needs and preferences are, so your best bet would be to download the demo and see it yourself if you’re curious about it.

This is just one of the many stories from the naked city I got when I googled Nero8 features & reviews.

When will Nero be finally able to use network drives not mounted as local drives??? 9? 10?

I use Nero 8 and have not had a single problem with it.

I cannot take files from network drives… and a friend as well. I will look again at the settings, just to be sure.

Have you been able to use network files with previous versions of Nero?

I’m sure I’ve tried in the past and found that they needed to be on the same PC (I may be wrong?)

Good luck anyway.

[QUOTE=james4eva;2003337]Have you been able to use network files with previous versions of Nero?

I’m sure I’ve tried in the past and found that they needed to be on the same PC (I may be wrong?)

Good luck anyway.[/QUOTE]

So your previous post was not reffering to mine…
No, no previous versions of Nero accept network drives.

nero has stunk since version 6… the new ones are garbage

IMHO the only reason for Nero 7 or 8 is Vista. I’m on XP so don’t need it.

[quote=olafmarzocchi;2003315]When will Nero be finally able to use network drives not mounted as local drives??? 9? 10?[/quote] Nero 6 could do it if you installed the NeroNET software on the host (the computer with the drives) and configured the client to use NeroNET. NeroNET seems to be gone from the Nero homepage now.

Ok, but you understand that it is a quite strange requirement? Network drives are a standard feature of Windows since so many years ago… if Nero thinks they are slow, let use a cache, but not an additional software on the other side! and if it were a non-win host?