Nero 6.3.1.17 conflicts with Pinnacle PCTV card - just like 6.3.1.15

vbimport

I had posted earlier in these forums that Nero update 6.3.1.15 caused a crash with my Pinnacle PCTV card and I had to revert back to my last known good version - 6.3.1.10. Unfortunately the latest update 6.3.1.17 does not solve the problem - somebody from Ahead should look into the changes made post the 6.3.1.10 version to determine why the conflict with certain TV capture cards is happening.

Try the following (worked for me)

go to Start=>Run and execute the following lines:

regsvr32 /u “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeQTADec.ax”
regsvr32 /u “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeQTVDec.ax”

The only consequence seems to be that Nero Vision can’t decode Apple Quick time format after this (something I can live with)

Good luck

Did not try the above since I had already deleted the 6.3.1.17 update and did not feel like downloading it again. However, even if the above works, does that not show a bug in the latest Nero versions ? And should Ahead not fix it especially when earlier versions did not have the problem ?

Why are you focussing on Nero here when there are two parties involved. Why not contact Pinnacle as well.

Thank’s kantjer

I had the same problem with my Hauppauge WinTV PCI card and Nero 6.3.1.15 and 6.3.1.17. Your suggestion corrected my problems, even NeroVision would crash until I unregistered the two dll’s. The problem is obviously a Nero problem caused by these two Nero filters.

Kantzer,

Thanks for the tip - I downloaded the 6.3.1.17 update again and unregistered the quicktime filters as suggested by you. Voila ! The Pinnacle PCTV card works again !! However, this still does not absolve Nero support of its responsibility to fix this bug.

@tarunp

Same with my WinFast TV2000. I contacted Ahead about this issue and they said their tech support will look into it. That was back on release 6.3.1.15.

Anyway, tried Kantjer’s fix and it works. Thanks Kantjer. Haven’t noticed any adverse affects with Nero yet.

thanks for your help
it worked for me (I enter the PCTV Vision program console) but when I move from radio to TV the screen is black (only the sound is ok)
Furthermore PCTV Web Text is not OK. When I try to enter the program I must reset the PC
Any solution or news from Ahead or Pinnacle??

Thanks a lot

No, the techeeez at Ahead really were not helpful. This fix by Kantjer works. I am not familiar with PCTV Vision or Web. Have you looked over at the Afterdawn forums?

http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/2

The problem continues with the latest Nero update - version 6.3.1.20 - the release notes for which state that a problem with an audio plugin has benn “fixed”. Does anybody from Nero read these forums ? Still have to use Kantjer’s fix to solve conflict betwee PCTV card and Nero.

Hello
I installed last week a Pinnacle PCTV-RAVE card, and I had the same problems after I installed the updates of Nero 6. So I tried the solution of Kantjer and his suggestion corrected my problems. Thank You kantjer!
Now I have one question: what are the consequences of running and execute the following lines:

regsvr32 /u “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeQTADec.ax”
regsvr32 /u “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeQTVDec.ax”

Can someone explaine me what these lines meanes and what the consequences are in the use of the programs Pinnacle PCTV Rave, Nero 6 and Pinnacle studio 9?

Looks like the 2 lines are unregistering the Nero filteres for video and audio in the quicktime format.

I’m working with Pinnacle’s Studio9 and couldn’t upgrade from V9.0 to 9.1.
I always received the message “Fatal error…the program will be closed” when I started Studio 9.1.
Consulting via Google (searching the file neqtvdec.ax) I found your solution…
Thanks for the this, Studio works fine now, but what are the consequences in the case of Nero???.. or other program’s?

I have Pinnacle PCTV Rave on my system, Windows XP with SP2, working fine until I installed Nero 6, I have updated with a download 6.3.1.20. from the Ahead site, TV works for about 30 seconds and disappears. Could anyone solve this? If the above solution works could I have a step by step guide, I am a bit thick!
Many Thanks.

I think I have resolved the problem by searching for the above files and deleting them. I have lost control of the volume on my mouse scroll wheel, worst things can happen. Is it just me, but why can’t Pinnacle and Ahead resolve these conflicts? and provide simple solutions, do they live in a vacuum.
It must cost them business!
Oh by the way as I am new to DVD copying how do you get over encryption?

Some people use smartripper 2.41, but there are many other vob extractors.