Nero 6.3.0.0 Fails to burn disk

vbimport

Hello everybody!
I have a problem with new version of Nero. The situation is that after caching files Nero shuts down immediately and block access to CD-RW drive. This error appears both after upgrade from 6.0.0.19 and after clean installation. Does anyone have the same error? :confused:

System configuration for your reference:
Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 1 + all hotfixes released after SP1
AMD 2000+, 512MB RAM
ASUS Geforce 4 Ti4200, Latest detonator drivers
Terratec SixPack 5.1+ Sound card
ABIT AT7 Motherboard, 4-in-1 drivers ver. 4.49p
3x Maxtor 80GB, 7200rpm, ATA133 Hard Drive in RAID0 mode
NEC NR-7900A CDRW Drive

Originally posted by FeodoR
[B]Hello everybody!
I have a problem with new version of Nero. The situation is that after caching files Nero shuts down immediately and block access to CD-RW drive. This error appears both after upgrade from 6.0.0.19 and after clean installation. Does anyone have the same error? :confused:

System configuration for your reference:
Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 1 + all hotfixes released after SP1
AMD 2000+, 512MB RAM
ASUS Geforce 4 Ti4200, Latest detonator drivers
Terratec SixPack 5.1+ Sound card
ABIT AT7 Motherboard, 4-in-1 drivers ver. 4.49p
3x Maxtor 80GB, 7200rpm, ATA133 Hard Drive in RAID0 mode
NEC NR-7900A CDRW Drive [/B]

Suggest you revert to .19. I always wait till I hear about problems with upgrades before I install them. Newer is not always better, alot of times worse, until the bugs get worked out .

Hi.
I have the same problem, also had it with previous 5.xx Nero versions. May be it have some connection with the Gaobot virus, which I had - I’ve reinstalled Windows, and the problem was gone for a few hours, I’ve suceeded to burn a few CD’s, and now the problem has returned (every time Nero closes itself in the beginning of the burning and the CDRW drive is locked).
I would like to hear your opinion about that issue, my friend has the same problem too.

The Gaobot worm info (it has the ability to kill processes…):
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.hllw.gaobot.gen.html

My system:
Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 1 + patches against Gaobot worm
AMD 1700+, 392MB RAM
Chaintech GF2 Ti graphics card, Latest detonator drivers
EPOX VT8366-8233 motherboard
Seagate 60GB, ATA100 HDD
Toshiba DVDRW SD-R5112

Thanks in advance.

Hi!
After rolling back to 6.0.0.19 this problem disappeared. In addition I made a virus check and found no problem. :smiley:
Maybe there are some conflicts betwen VIA IDE controller and NERO software. At least with 8233 interpretation. I know that there are no problems with VIA 8235(7) Southbridges. :frowning:

Thank you, Fedya, for your suggestion.
The problem remains with CD Mate and Nero 6.3, but there is NO PROBLEM, when I use NTI CD & DVD-Maker 6.5 Platinum, the burning process runs smoothly… I will try Nero 6.0.0.19 too, Nero is the best burning software, in my opinion.

Bye, thanks.

Feodor and others,

This is a common problem showing up in the LiteOn forum concerning some Via chipsets and the burning of mostly -R discs. Lots of people are trying to find the solution.

This is not only a LiteOn and VIA problem.
I suppose that this isn’t a hardware only problem.
I had this issue with CD-RW drive NEC NR-7900A and TEAC DV-50W (not sure in correct model specification) DVD±RW recorder.
At the same time those drives were installed to motherboard with VIA KT600 chipset (VT8237 southbridge if I’m not mistaken) and they worked correctly with Nero 6.0.0.23, 6.0.0.28 and Nero 6.3.0.0.
But with VT8233A there is Nero hangout if above versions of Nero are installed. I have no problems if 6.0.0.19 (and lower versions) is installed.
It seems that software developers have implemented new code which causes some failures in the previous VIA hardware. :frowning:

OK.
After installing NERO 6.3.0.2 my errors disappeared. Everything works fine now. At least on my computer.

I’m having the same problem on two different VIA chipset computers, both with two different Liteon drives…It seems to be related to using the VIA busmaster filter driver, at least in my case…Everything works fine with the miniport driver…

I mailed Ahead about it, and they seemed interested, but I haven’t heard anything back since…6.3.0.2 didn’t fix the problem for me either…I think things broke somewhere around .28 …

Anyone come up with a solution for this?

Oh boy! Here we go again with Via chipset! When will Via finally get their house in order? I was burned once badly by Via chipset, but now I avoid like a plague. So far, Nero’s 6.3.0.0 and now 6.3.0.2 work fine with my i845 chipset. :cool:

I haven’t had any problems with my VIA chipset, up until now… Even previous versions of Nero worked fine…Obviously, this is a Nero programming issue, and not a VIA issue…

Originally posted by nmpaulcp
Suggest you revert to .19.

Where would one find previous versions archived?

Do you recommend a particular Nero 6 version for use with Plextor 708A?

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
Hi.
I have the same problem, also had it with previous 5.xx Nero versions. May be it have some connection with the Gaobot virus, which I had - I’ve reinstalled Windows,

Download a copy of HiJackthis and head over to a forum that supports it with help hunting down hiding bad things. :slight_smile:

Try copying WNASPI32.dll to your System32 folder. You can find it in C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero. No need to reboot.

I installed the latest ASPI from Adaptec, but I can try copying over Nero’s version as well…I think Nero, by default, will use what is in its directory, but who knows…

I also confirmed that 6.0.0.19 was the latest version that worked, and that the problems start after that…

Ahead is still stumped, but is communicating with me regularly on it…

Well, Ahead lost apparently lost interest, and the problem continues on with 6.3.0.3…Has anyone gotten anywhere with this?