Nero 6.0.0.15 maybe another bug?

vbimport

I have been experiencing a strange bug with Nero 6.0.0.15.

I uninstalled 5.5 and installed 6.0.0.15 and burned a CD containing only images, i selected the verify data after completion option. The burn seemed to work fine but the verification process reported that 1 file was different (one of my images).

So i manually checked this image (on the cd I just burned) and there seems to be some corruption with this image (image is still usuable but has an error in it now which causes it to look skewed). So I attempted the burn the same compilation again and the same happened again, the same image etc… So i checked the original and its fine.

I uninstalled 6 and reinstalled 5.5, burnt the exact same compilation and it had no problems, verified fine and image is ok.

I then uninstalled 5.5 again, reinstalled 6.0.0.15 and attempted the same burn a third time, again with the same results!

The image which is corrupt is the last image on the CD, seems a little strange to me!

My CD drive is an MSI CD/RW MS-8348 running Windows XP.

I have had no other problems other than this…

Anyone else have this problem?

That’s another known problem in Nero6: discs that can be burned perfectly with Nero5.5, are corrupted when burned with Nero6.

Probably, it’s not exactly a problem with software, but “hardware” (bad busmaster drivers). If you disable DMA, I guess you’ll get a good disc with Nero6.

This problem depends on hardware, so you can expect that Ahead will have problems to replicate it and won’t find a solution soon.
They can’t even keep the good parts of code that work well when they introduce new versions… :rolleyes:

Really? I would have thought if it was related to such issues as DMA or bus master drivers, the results wouldn’t be exactually the same each time I’d expect them to be more random errors? or is that expected?

Any thoughts?

Originally posted by personX
Really? I would have thought if it was related to such issues as DMA or bus master drivers, the results wouldn’t be exactually the same each time I’d expect them to be more random errors?

Yes, what you’ve said makes sense, but… it also doesn’t make sense that Nero5.5 works while Nero6 fails.

I’m not sure that it’s DMA related. You can try with DMA disabled and report the result here. :wink: