Nero 5.5

vbimport

Ive recently upgraded my computer to new specs as the old one was getting slow. Today I have re-installed nero 5.5 and it asks me to choose a recorder, it says “image recorder” if I click on image recorder it gives me lots of information about it. I clicked on Ok to confirm it, when I came to burn a music disc it tells me to save an image and it goes to burn the albumn, then i checked my cd-r and it hasn’t got any of the music on there. so i deleted the image file off my folder. So I un-installed nero and re-installed it this time I clicked cancel the choose a recorder now it won’t allow me to go into the wizard and it keeps asking me to choose a recorder.
Could you help me with this problem cheers.

LG

Update: I just went onto Nero again this time I clicked cancel on the choose recorder window and this time it opened up another window with ‘New Compilation’. Down the left hand side of the window it has a list of options. The options are “CD-Rom (ISO), Audio CD, Mixed Mode CD, CD Extra, Video CD, Super Video CD, CD-ROM (boot), CD-ROM (Hybrid), CD-ROM (UDF), CD-ROM (UDF/ISO)”. If youclick on any of these options it will bring up a new options/tabs for that option. On the right hand side of the window it has got “New, Cancel, and Wizard”. I clicked on Wizard to see if it goes onto the wizard or not, it went straight to “choose recorde window”

Hi and Welcome!

please note that Nero 5.5 has a built-in list of supported CD/DVD writers. Since Nero 5.5 is discontinued, there is no updates for that list.
This means, your copy of Nero does not work with modern drives.
You need to get other software, like ImgBurn, which is free btw. It should be possible to “burn” to an image file with Nero 5.5 and burn that image to disc using ImgBurn.

Michael

[QUOTE=Lord Gordonis;2155663]Ive recently upgraded my computer to new specs as the old one was getting slow. Today I have re-installed nero 5.5 and it asks me to choose a recorder, it says “image recorder” if I click on image recorder it gives me lots of information about it. I clicked on Ok to confirm it, when I came to burn a music disc it tells me to save an image and it goes to burn the albumn, then i checked my cd-r and it hasn’t got any of the music on there. so i deleted the image file off my folder. So I un-installed nero and re-installed it this time I clicked cancel the choose a recorder now it won’t allow me to go into the wizard and it keeps asking me to choose a recorder.
Could you help me with this problem cheers.

LG

Update: I just went onto Nero again this time I clicked cancel on the choose recorder window and this time it opened up another window with ‘New Compilation’. Down the left hand side of the window it has a list of options. The options are “CD-Rom (ISO), Audio CD, Mixed Mode CD, CD Extra, Video CD, Super Video CD, CD-ROM (boot), CD-ROM (Hybrid), CD-ROM (UDF), CD-ROM (UDF/ISO)”. If youclick on any of these options it will bring up a new options/tabs for that option. On the right hand side of the window it has got “New, Cancel, and Wizard”. I clicked on Wizard to see if it goes onto the wizard or not, it went straight to “choose recorde window”[/QUOTE]

When it gives you that image recorder option does your burners show up when you click on the arrow tab to show more drives come up with your burners? Also what is your exact version of Nero 5.5 do you have cause from looking at Nero site they have Nero 5.5.10.56. Did you make sure to download that last version and save it to a memory stick or cd/dvd media? Here the nero 5.5 link.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2155687]When it gives you that image recorder option does your burners show up when you click on the arrow tab to show more drives come up with your burners? Also what is your exact version of Nero 5.5 do you have cause from looking at Nero site they have Nero 5.5.10.56. Did you make sure to download that last version and save it to a memory stick or cd/dvd media? Here the nero 5.5 link.

I’ve just downloaded the latest update for nero 5, I am on nero now, it now says that I have 2 recorders to choose from. 1 is the image recorder and the other is Optiarc DVD- RW AD- 7200s (adapter - atapi, adapter no. 2) but with this one it has got a red circle with a line through it. I have highlighted the 2nd option and clicked ok, it has come up with a window saying “Sorry, this Nero version can only be used with the recorder it has been bundled with.”

Does this mean I have to get a newer version of nero or some other product that allows to do burning?

Does this mean I have to get a newer version of nero or some other product that allows to do burning?
Your Nero version is not only very old but also meant to be used with the recorder it was bundled with. So yes, you have to get a newer version of Nero or any other of the free software around - as already suggested ImgBurn is one of them.

Cool ok cheers for the help anyway!!

LG

[QUOTE=Lord Gordonis;2155732]I’ve just downloaded the latest update for nero 5, I am on nero now, it now says that I have 2 recorders to choose from. 1 is the image recorder and the other is Optiarc DVD- RW AD- 7200s (adapter - atapi, adapter no. 2) but with this one it has got a red circle with a line through it. I have highlighted the 2nd option and clicked ok, it has come up with a window saying “Sorry, this Nero version can only be used with the recorder it has been bundled with.”

Does this mean I have to get a newer version of nero or some other product that allows to do burning?[/QUOTE]

Yeah that the stickler part about OEM bundles they force you to stay with one product. If you have Retail Nero 5.5 or Nero 5.5 Ultra you wouldn’t have that limit. But If you can find Nero 6 Ultra get that version if your not going to use it here and then. That will suffice for your needs because I know they have Nero 7, 8, 9 now and from reading other users experience hasn’t been what I would call satisfactory reviews. I myself have the good old Nero 6.6.1.15a and it works for my needs just be sure not to install InCD it can lead to more headache then you want. I installed all the package of Ultra leaving out InCD and been happy with my Nero.