Nero 5.5 buzzing noise

When I try to burn a cdr with Nero version 5.5, the result is a ‘burn is
successful,’ message, but when the cdr is played, the result is a buzzing noise without any of the intended music. Yet, visually, all of the tracks and their times appear to be correct, but the sound has not recorded properly.

I have uninstalled the Nero software, then used the Nero clean tool/clean pack files, and then re-installed version 5.5, but the same buzzing noise results. While burning, all third party software is turned off in the taskbar as well as firewall and antivirus software. I have also performed a defrag of the
computer, but all of these attempts to solve the problem have failed.

By the way, I have tried the demo of Nero 6 and I don’t like it because it
doesn’t allow the user to choose pause time between the tracks, nor does it show a total time for all of the tracks. At least the demo I tried didn’t show this useful information. At the moment, I like Nero 5.5 better, but I can’t seem to get it to work properly.

My computer specifications: windows xp (home edition), 266 pentium II,
192 mb of ram, one gb of free hard drive space, 64 bit santa cruz soundcard.

I would greatly appreciate any possible solutions to this problem. Thanks in advance for any help.

That kind of problem is usually related to burning quality, the discs are too bad, or the drive doesn’t burn them well at that speed.
How many players did you try? Have you tried to play the disc in your CD-ROM drives? Try it in analog mode.

You can discard problems with the burning software by using better programs like Feurio (if your drive is supported), burnatonce, burrrn…