Nero 5.5 audio compilation errors

Since using nero V5.5.10.35 and upwards, I have a problem when creating audio compilations. Two things happen.

First, dragging WAV files into the compilation window causes (at random) the compilation track name to bcome truncated. When you look at the track info, you find the original WAV file name split between the track and artist fields.

Second, if you modify the track info by entering the correct track title and artist that you want on a track by track basis, and then subsequently save the compilation as a *.nra file. When you reopen the file, all artist informaation is lost, and the track file name splits between track title and artist again.

I’ve only noticed this happening since V5.5.10.35, (and still in 42) but I don’t have an earlier copy of the software to verify this. I’ve tried three different PCs (all running Windows XP Pro as administrator) and I get the same results.

Anyone else noticed this behaviour?

Steve Donoghue

Originally posted by nsd3
First, dragging WAV files into the compilation window causes (at random) the compilation track name to bcome truncated. When you look at the track info, you find the original WAV file name split between the track and artist fields.

Yes. This is not a bug, it’s a feature.
If the filename has something like a “-” separating artist and title, Nero will enter that info into the artist - title fileds.
The problem is if the filename is something like “01 - Artist - title”.

There’s nothing you can do. (Only get an older version).

Second, if you modify the track info by entering the correct track title and artist that you want on a track by track basis, and then subsequently save the compilation as a *.nra file. When you reopen the file, all artist informaation is lost, and the track file name splits between track title and artist again.

I didn’t know this bug, but I’m not surprised.
I know this other: get a long track (I did it with an MP3), divide it with the split function (properties of the track) in several tracks, save it as a *.nra compilation.
Open it and you’ll get a corrupted compilation (duration is a lot more than the disc).
I don’t have that Nero version right now, so I can’t repeat your problem, but it seems there are bugs when saving NRA compilations.
Now that I think again, I think I suffered that bug once, but I wasn’t sure… I didn’t care because I don’t use Nero for that.

I’ve done some further investigation and it’s true. For Nero 5.5.10.35 and up. Take any two word WAV file name (i.e., “downtown train.wav”) and drag it into the compilation window and it splits the file name with one word representing the track title, and the other the artist.

Even if you change the track info and save it. As soon as you load the nra file, Nero ignores the data file and reverts the track info back to what it was originally. Truly absurd.

Steve

Originally posted by nsd3
Take any two word WAV file name (i.e., “downtown train.wav”) and drag it into the compilation window and it splits the file name with one word representing the track title, and the other the artist.

If the words are separated by nothing, then it’s really stupid. A bug, not a feature.

But if you change it in the properties, then it should be saved. If the program wasn’t buggy :Z

Here’s what I found out to prevent Nero from splitting the filename for CD-TEXT:
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\AudioPluginManager"
Change ArtistTitleSource value from 0 to 1.
It works for me on Nero 7.