Nero 5.5.9.9 and Lite On 40125s OC'd to 48x

I have noticed that when I am burning at 48x about 3/4 of the way through usually once the burner reaches 40x the drive slows down and continues writing at 24x. I’ve installed the latest via 4 in 1 drivers, tested different media TDK and Memorex but still no change. When I run CD Speed everthing shows fine, also when I run a simulation everything runs fine. Almost forgot to mention I am running VS06. I’ve tried both VS02 and VS06, I found VS06 produces less errors. Any thoughts. TIA

Many thanks to all!

OC´d my LTR-32123S (MAY 2002) successfully to 40x !

Very good work!

CRDFREAK :bigsmile:

Originally posted by scadillawork
I have noticed that when I am burning at 48x …

Wait a minute! how can you burn at 48x with this drive?

scadillawork
Assuming your buffers remain full, what you are seeing is smartBurn slowing the burn due to poor media. Try using some real 48x media. SmartBurn will slow the burn when the drive detects an “overburn” condition in the laser…ie: impending coaster. TDK and Memorex are the same CMC media. some drives are more sensitive to this situation than others. Try Fuji 40x/48x media.

thats the same prob im having , but im using trax datas and ritek unbranded which i think r the same discs , but ive turned off smart burn and it still drops to 24x after about doing 50% of 80mins ??

Originally posted by rdgrimes
scadillawork
Assuming your buffers remain full, what you are seeing is smartBurn slowing the burn due to poor media.

Oh Oh !! Are you suggesting that Smart Burn checks real time the media quality during burning??? I really doubt about that!
You can try whith a “Perfect 48 media” but if the problem is still there…

I can rather imagine that Owerheat conditions inside the drive could degrade the writing speed in order to let the laser diode cool down!
Therefore I would suggest to check for proper drive installation (not to close to a very hot hardisk like IBM for example) and PC Case cooling & cleaning the fans…

smartburn does check the burn speed on media as the drive is burning or at least it must because what would be the explanation for a media to start burning then go over it is rated speed then slowdown…heat…I doubt it …

I have TY 40x that burn fine at 48x up to full disc

but some of my Philips 40x cdr(CMC)…rated 48x by smartburn…start to burn at faster than 40x …at 48x speeds but then at the disc will slowdown to 40x

it is an issue of media quality…

Oh Oh !! Are you suggesting that Smart Burn checks real time the media quality during burning???

Smartburn checks the BURN quality continuously during the burn, and corrects for “overburn” to avoid coasters. It slows the burn speed for the remainder of the burn if this occurs. With some drives this is more apparent than with others, but with certain media it will happen every time.